Sky Broadband Problems S36

Is anyone having problems with their Sky Broadband in the Deepcar area ?

Ours has been intermittent for the last couple of days.

I've been having problems with sky broadband for the last few days in s4, nothing major but enough to annoy me.

Sky broadband is crap anyways

"Sky broadband is crap anyways"...yeah okay.

The telephone cables at Deepcar have been waterlogged and require a re-wire, this will take until until 24th June. BT Openreach are all over the area trying to sort this out. Apparently it's not as easy as merely clicking a mouse or flicking a switch. It involves real cables, real water, real outdoors and qualified engineers.

We've been without a landline phone since 29th May. Our broadband seems to be more stable now though.

Sky broadband is crap anyways

Give us the name of a good one. Sky has been great for me, in fact my download speed increased since I switched from Talk Talk.

I would much prefer cable but we don't have cable. What areas in Sheffield does have cable?

Actually Sky is crap, the other month they publically admitted their network was over-subscribed and dropping connections all over.

They totally over-sold it and forgot to back up the numbers with hardware.

Sky bought Be internet shortly after, they're going to swallow their network to prop-up their own creaking infrastructure.

Swapped to virgin much better than sky, but if you don't have it in your area then you can't try it

Actually Sky is crap, the other month they publically admitted their network was over-subscribed and dropping connections all over.

Sky bought Be internet shortly after, they're going to swallow their network to prop-up their own creaking infrastructure.

Mine is working pretty well actually.

I was sceptical when I switched from BT a couple of months ago, but it is well worth the £0.00 per month that I pay for it.

Free broadband for a year. What's not to like?

Well I guess there all crap. Lets have cable in more areas please. Do Sky pay to prevent cable in certain areas. Because I guess everyone would switch to a cable network and Sky would be out of business.

Is anyone having problems with their Sky Broadband in the Deepcar area ?

Ours has been intermittent for the last couple of days.

Ours has been rubbish as well but we aren't with sky. We changed from o2 (because I didn't want to be with sky after the change over from o2) to BT infinity just last week and ever since then it's been absolutely shocking!

My connection drops out every few minutes and I have to log off and back on just to get anywhere.

I've only given it this long before reporting it because they said it could take a few days to settle down.

I didn't know about problems with the exchange though. I did think that with our connection being a fibre optic one now that it came from the box at the bottom of our road?

Regardless, I am one very unhappy bunny just now because we are paying twice as much for a much worse connection.

We're S36 as well by the way.

Ours has been rubbish as well but we aren't with sky. We changed from o2 (because I didn't want to be with sky after the change over from o2) to BT infinity just last week and ever since then it's been absolutely shocking!

My connection drops out every few minutes and I have to log off and back on just to get anywhere.

I've only given it this long before reporting it because they said it could take a few days to settle down.

I didn't know about problems with the exchange though. I did think that with our connection being a fibre optic one now that it came from the box at the bottom of our road?

Regardless, I am one very unhappy bunny just now because we are paying twice as much for a much worse connection.

We're S36 as well by the way.

A few days to settle down, they all say that I wonder why. I guess they want to tie you into the contract so you can't cancel.

A few days to settle down, they all say that I wonder why. I guess they want to tie you into the contract so you can't cancel.

Orange tried that one with me but when I pointed out to them that it was them that were breaking the contract with me by not supplying me with the service that I was paying for they soon backed down and gave me my mac code. :hihi: