Dancing Classes in Sheffield

Are there any dancing classes around where you actually dance with partners like dirty dancing style.

Would prefer something upbeat instead of something too old fashioned.

Preferably located in town or surrounding areas to S12 at Hackenthorpe.

Are there any dancing classes around where you actually dance with partners like dirty dancing style.

Would prefer something upbeat instead of something too old fashioned.

Preferably located in town or surrounding areas to S12 at Hackenthorpe.

I will dance with you, if you buy the drinks and I can be Patrick Swayze.

I am male and straight though, so you know in advance.

No thanks then, I am male too :hihi:

not dirty dancing,

but the basic moves you could possibly learn here,

https://www.facebook.com/easydanceuk

but as for real dirty dancing lessons i have no idea

Easy Dance Classes & Social Dancing

Excellent Music - Top Atmosphere

It's becoming more popular & great value for money too!

The night includes 2 classes plus freestyle dancing.

All welcome - Just turn up - Every Monday

7.30 till 10.30pm come & go as you please. adm £3

Woodseats WMC. The Dale. Woodseats. Sheffield. S8 0NS

try it, single, couples or groups its fun here, me n the wife & family used to go

Edited by petecob

Salsa is a close as you'll get to dirty dancing style, and Salsa Beat in Sheffield have fantastic classes and regular socials - highly recommended! Brilliant, tailored teaching, and apart from a brief warm up to start, everything is danced with a partner. Salsa is super fun, great exercise and looks impressive when you get the hang of it! Wednesday classes are at Bar27 in town - try them out! :)http://www.salsabeatltd.com/

There's salsa dancing in Stocksbridge with a female teacher called Janet.

There's a lot of Salsa in Sheffield. Tonight (and every Sunday) at Cubana (new one in Leopold square), and they have lessons before hand, not sure what time though. Tuesday at the Forum. Wednesday at Bloo 88. Thursday at Cuba Revolution...

General format is Lessons (often have beginner level, then improvers, then intermediate, then sometimes advanced) followed by social dancing.

Bill Newby does lessons at the Polish club on Eccy road. Dave Fenton I think still teaches at St Mary's Church on Bramall Lane.

Do it!

Salsa is upbeat as others have said, and very trendy/popular now. The drawbacks are that it is only danced to upbeat music, and some people find the emphasis on footwork puts them off.

Modern Jive answers both those: you can dance to anything from good slow blues through to really fast stuff (the traditional swing jive music); and it is a style that mostly concentrates on the upper body, so you can be dancing well long before you can manage difficult footwork.

Easydance, as listed above, does Modern Jive, but Blitz has the biggest Modern Jive classes in Sheffield.

Edited by Jive Knight

Salsa is upbeat as others have said, and very trendy/popular now. The drawbacks are that it is only danced to upbeat music, and some people find the emphasis on footwork puts them off.

In my experience, yes it can be danced to upbeat music; and also slower much more sensual music. So long as the music has the 1-2-3 5-6-7 timing, you're good!