Half a million quid for Saturdays shenanigans

Should we be spending half a mil on events like Saturday?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should we be spending half a mil on events like Saturday?

• Yes, free speech is vital no matter what the cost
    • Yes, but the protestors should have to contribute something
    • No, we can't afford it
    • E-E-EDL, muslamic rayguns, eh???? wot were question again?

I don't! lol :hihi:

I laugh at them as the clowns they are.

What does annoy me is that they have stayed away from Sheffield for over four years. Calling a demo in Sheffield and expecting it to be supported by local people is an insult to the working class people of this fine city. Yes, they may be no big deal but they have annoyed a lot of people with their disrespectful behaviour since the death of Lee Rigby.

I think you will find more people will be annoyed by the fact radical Islam is to blame for the death of an innocent man AGAIN .

I don't get insulted when the edl or Uaf visit sheffield seeking support I just ..... Don't go and support them .

I think you will find more people will be annoyed by the fact radical Islam is to blame for the death of an innocent man AGAIN .

That is one thing.

I don't get insulted when the edl or Uaf visit sheffield seeking support

And that is another.

I'm against the the likes of the EDL, because despite preaching that they are trying to protect the country, they and their followers seem oblivious to the fact that all they are doing is causing tension, upset and anger. The presence of the EDL is not going to solve the problem of radical Islam, despite how often their supporter on here say their not this, not that, and that everything can be solved with a good old revenge attack. It's not only nonsense, it's dangerous nonsense.

Do your think its riot police that are countering the radical Islamic vermin threat , or could it be the secret intelligence services ?

And protecting Muslims :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi: don't make me laugh , those police were there to protect the EDL from the nutcases that couldn't stand the thought of them "laying a wreath"

Clearly I'm not suggesting the police on duty on Saturday would otherwise have been tracking down jihadis, though overall pressure on finite police resources puts pressure across the board.

However EDL associates have got to now be watched by the security service and counter terrorism police which spreads their resources more thinly than if they could just focus on the jihadist threat.

I think you will find more people will be annoyed by the fact radical Islam is to blame for the death of an innocent man

It isn't a competition!

Extremists are on both sides and we would be better off without any of them!

That is one thing.

And that is another.

I'm against the the likes of the EDL, because despite preaching that they are trying to protect the country, they and their followers seem oblivious to the fact that all they are doing is causing tension, upset and anger. The presence of the EDL is not going to solve the problem of radical Islam, despite how often their supporter on here say their not this, not that, and that everything can be solved with a good old revenge attack. It's not only nonsense, it's dangerous nonsense.

Your preaching to me , when I don't need preaching at !

I know exactly what the EDL are and exactly what their racist followers seek to gain , however they cannot simply be ignored on the subject of radical ISLAM .

Speaking of dangerous nonsense and radical barbaric islam a 10 year old was beheaded in Afghanistan on Tuesday along with his 15 year old friend , I simply cannot put what the edl do or participate in ,in the same category as things like this and the Lee Rigby murder.

Radical islam is dangerous/evil

The edl are dangerously unintelligent

---------- Post added 12-06-2013 at 21:50 ----------

It isn't a competition!

Extremists are on both sides and we would be better off without any of them!

It is a completion in their own deluded little worlds ! Clearly

---------- Post added 12-06-2013 at 21:51 ----------

Clearly I'm not suggesting the police on duty on Saturday would otherwise have been tracking down jihadis, though overall pressure on finite police resources puts pressure across the board.

However EDL associates have got to now be watched by the security service and counter terrorism police which spreads their resources more thinly than if they could just focus on the jihadist threat.

The edl need to be watched by the local pub watch scheme

Jihadists need tracking at the highest level

racism works 1 way.lets not forget that.

The edl need to be watched by the local pub watch scheme

Jihadists need tracking at the highest level

I was made aware of a speech by Mr Robinson last year at a rally he illegally attended disguised as a Rabii (by Mr Robinson tweeting a link to a video of it a couple of days ago) in which he stated the following.

Every single Muslim watching this on Youtube, on 7/7 you got away with killing and maiming British citizens, you got away with it. You had better understand that we have built a network from one end of this country to the other end, and we will not tolerate it, and the Islamic community will feel the full force of the English Defence League if we see any of our citizens killed, maimed or hurt on British soil ever again.

Now you can argue that an organisation whose leader is so dumb as to tweet links to that video under the circumstances poses no threat. But you're not responsible for ensuring the safety of British citizens. Those who are have to take these guys seriously. The threat was made, it's very clear and the trigger has happened. You can dismiss them as an issue for the bouncers and the majority are, but some will not be. So even if it turns out neither attack on islamic centres was anything to do with them or their supporters, even if not one single attack on the muslim community emanates from them or their supporters the security service and special branch still need to divert resources badly needed in tracking jihadis to keeping an eye on this lot.

:loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy:

I think you are mixing the days up.

I wasn't even in Sheffield last Saturday.

When you say 'Muslim' I assume you mean 'Asian'. Unless you were talking to them or followed them into a mosque on Friday, I suggest you have absolutely no idea what their religion was if indeed they had any religion at all which is common among teenage lads.

so was not there but knew everything what happened :loopy:

Edited by hackey lad

So even if it turns out neither attack on islamic centres was anything to do with them or their supporters, even if not one single attack on the muslim community emanates from them or their supporters the security service and special branch still need to divert resources badly needed in tracking jihadis to keeping an eye on this lot.

I fully agree. The security services have an incredibly difficult task. Half of the time they are separating out the wheat from the chaff (loads of gob-offs threatening to do stuff but with no intention v determined people who could blow up an underground train) and the more blowhards there are out there, from whatever group, the harder it is for the security services to hone in on the real targets.

But you're not responsible for ensuring the safety of British citizens. Those who are have to take these guys seriously. The threat was made, it's very clear and the trigger has happened.

"In the post, Perrin encouraged his ‘fellow countrymen’ and ‘my beloved EDL’ to follow his lead. He said: 'You Muslims aren’t the only people that make explosives and your not the only people willing to commit acts of insane violence."

So is this EDL supporter just a mouthy **** or the next Anders Breivik?

This is the sort of thing that the police have to decide every day, as there are currently over 100 threats to maim or injure Muslims on EDL facebook pages every day. :mad:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2340190/Boxer-threatened-Muslims-insane-violence-posing-gun-day-murder-Lee-Rigby-jailed.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Are you sure?

The EDL has less than 500 active members and even three days after the murder of Drummer Rigby, their national demo could only attract around 1500 people.

That makes them more like 0.002% of the population.

Thick as two short planks you must believe everything the left wing media tell you don't you?? the EDL had 7000 in Newcastle actually so get your facts right and there will be Thousands in Birmingham on the 20th July.

Thick as two short planks you must believe everything the left wing media tell you don't you?? the EDL had 7000 in Newcastle actually so get your facts right and there will be Thousands in Birmingham on the 20th July.

What do you hope to achieve in Birmingham?