Abbeydale Road/Dore Road contractors

Anyone know what is happening along Abbeydale Road South, near the bottom of Dore Road?

The side between the minature railways and Dore Road is the only part that has not has the new street lights installed yet and with the tree clearing going on... it looks to me like they could be widening the road (to put a central 'turn-right' lane in for the new park and ride car park)... maybe i'm wrong though..

Any ideas???

Have no information to offer but it would be a good idea.

According to http://v5.roadworks.org, there are roadworks as follows:

Abbeydale Road South, Sheffield

10/06/2013 to 14/06/2013 (estimated)

Slight impact on journey time

Responsibility for these works: Northern Powergrid (Yorkshire) PLC

Local authority: Sheffield City Council

Permit reference: QA8013122022

Works location description: JUNCTION OF BUSHY WOOD ROAD...

Works description: Public Lighting Cable Fault - (loss of supply) - Excavate to locate Low Voltage faulted cable, test...

Works category: Immediate - Urgent

Works state: Work in progress

Traffic management: None/Signing Only

According to http://v5.roadworks.org, there are roadworks as follows:

Thats further along, near Totley. This is opposite the new car park, in/at the ends of the house gardens. Might be connected i guess?

"Drainage works" to install a new culvert. The trees will be replaced afterwards, though likely with smaller ones that will take time to grow.

Anyone know what is happening along Abbeydale Road South, near the bottom of Dore Road?

The side between the minature railways and Dore Road is the only part that has not has the new street lights installed yet and with the tree clearing going on... it looks to me like they could be widening the road (to put a central 'turn-right' lane in for the new park and ride car park)... maybe i'm wrong though..

Any ideas???

Certainly sounds a good idea, but if it were the case I'd have thought we'd have heard about it some tme ago. It would be qute costly. A new pedestrian crossing is to go in, but that's a much lower level of expense. Flooding has been a major problem at this point in recent years.