E3 - Sony - PS4

Sony have left their mark in the gaming industry full on this year, i think Microsoft have a long way to go in my opinion. The PS4 design i think its different and usually the first designs of a new console are big hence the first PS3 that came out, this time i like the PS4 design, its different and hopefully alot quieter (unless thats just me), Im really liking the controller its bigger which i hate the controllers for the PS3 now, i think there too small and hard-ish to get a good comfortable grip.

A few new franchises out, and alot of incoming games such as Watch Dogs which looks amazing, the graphics i really wasnt expecting and the story line is the one for me, im really wanting to know more.

Anyone want to add, go ahead..

the design for it is awfull looks like a box of chocolates

also cant belive they are going down the same route as xbox with paying to play online

they give you 1 game a month free tho prob a retro kind of game ect..

The design looks amazing? It looks the same as the XB1, but in italics.

The controller is still a major issue for me - got so used to the 360 controller now that having the thumbsticks in parallel feels very unnatural and uncomfortable.

also cant belive they are going down the same route as xbox with paying to play online

The first game was confirmed as Drive Club...the brand new racer game.

If you look at the games given away on the Ps3 with plus over the past year, it is fair to say they are not 'retro kind of games'

Just been watching some of the highlights.....Sony stole the show!

You only need to pay online if you get Playstation Plus, other wise its still free..

You only need to pay online if you get Playstation Plus, other wise its still free..

They confirmed that to play online with the PS4 will require a plus account. The online service for PS4 is getting a major overhaul compared to the PS3 one, allowing cross game chat, and other options. If you don't get plus, you can still play offline. That being said, you will get a game each month for no extra charge with Plus, so it kind of pays for itself over time.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/06/ps4-owners-will-need-playstation-plus-subscription-for-online-multiplayer/

If the new PS network is anything comparable to the current xbox live experience I'll be happy enough. No problem for me paying a subscription for online play - the network has to be maintained somehow.

I don't understand why people are so bothered about the look of the box myself. My DVD player under my TV isn't exciting to look at, but I bought it to play DVDs. Same goes for game consoles, I want to use them, not frame them and put them on the wall!

I don't understand why people are so bothered about the look of the box myself. My DVD player under my TV isn't exciting to look at, but I bought it to play DVDs. Same goes for game consoles, I want to use them, not frame them and put them on the wall!

Exactly. When I'm playing on a console I tend to be looking at the screen rather than staring at the console itself. I've never been bothered what the casing looks like, so long as the kit works.

PS4 is much better than the Xbox one i have to say. Sony have got everything right so far with this one.

It does look like it will kick Microsofts ass, to me everything sounds better. The biggest thing for me, and the biggest failure for MS, is the used games issue. From what I have read, with the new Xbox, you cannot use pre owned games, I mean, WTF?!!

So, for the people who don't earn that much money, they HAVE, to buy brand new to be able to play newer games? Thats a complete kick in the nuts to the gamers!

Drive club looks epic to say the least, really interested in that!

The backwards compatibility for me, is no big deal, why buy a next gen console, and play old gen games on it?! It makes no sense!