Are the Muslim Defence League racist?

Are the MDL racist?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Are the MDL racist?

• Yes
    • No

Some people use "muslim" in exactly the same way they used "****" ten years ago.

A Daily Telegraph survey showed that 6% of British Muslims (about 100, 000 individuals) fully supported the July 2005 bombings in the London Underground, and one Muslim in four expressed some sympathy with the bombers.[

Is there any wonder people use the word Muslim in a derogatory manner when 1 in 4 sympathise with evil suicide bombers ?

A Daily Telegraph survey showed that 6% of British Muslims (about 100, 000 individuals) fully supported the July 2005 bombings in the London Underground, and one Muslim in four expressed some sympathy with the bombers.[

Is there any wonder people use the word Muslim in a derogatory manner when 1 in 4 sympathise with evil suicide bombers ?

My bold=

Oh so that makes it acceptable than? :rolleyes:

So why make it a derogatory term for the large majority, 3 in four, who don't sympathise with them?

Some people use "muslim" in exactly the same way they used "****" ten years ago.

True, and some people use "kaffir" in exactly the same way they used "gora" ten years ago.

Both our statements are true.

How helpful they are to anything at all I am unsure, but they both have veracity.

True, and some people use "kaffir" in exactly the same way they used "gora" ten years ago.

Both our statements are true.

How helpful they are to anything at all I am unsure, but they both have veracity.

Gaura means English, I have seen a mazda mx5 with a plate that reads Gaura ( G4 URA ) being driven by a Gaura.

My bold=

I didnt say it was acceptable !

People often call Millwall f.c fans thugs when in actual fact , it's probably 200-300 out of say 15.000

Not fair on the MAJORITY of genuine fans but the hooligan element ruin it for the rest , just like the minority radical Muslims ruin it for the majority genuine ones .

---------- Post added 14-06-2013 at 22:54 ----------

So why make it a derogatory term for the large majority, 3 in four, who don't sympathise with them?

1 in 4 ruin it for the 3 in 4 ... Simple .

Gaura means English, I have seen a mazda mx5 with a plate that reads Gaura ( G4 URA ) being driven by a Gaura.

What language does "gaura" mean "english" in?

To my knowledge "gora" and varients thereof means "white" in urdu and related languages.

What you don't comment on, with your biased comments on the DM (*spits* ) survey is

What were the questions posed to these Muslims? How were the questions phrased? Was the language used within the survey ambiguous? Were the Muslims British nationals, and and more importantly, were they native English speakers? Did they understand the question, whether it was loaded or not? how was that data interpreted?

As I said in a previous thread where this survey was discussed as being "authoritative"

what were the respondents asked?

were they asked "Do you understand how these suicide bombers must have felt, to do such a thing?" is not the same as asking "Did you agree what they did was right?"

You can understand the reasoning behind a terrorist attack, without necessarily believing the action is "Just" or "right".

For example, looking logically and historically at what has happened in Ireland over the past 300/ 400 years or so, I can see why the people who carried out IRA attacks would feel aggrieved at their country being occupied by the British forces. I don't agree that the bombings were a right response to that occupation, but I can see why they would feel driven to carrying out the attacks.

I also pointed out that, no matter how one tries to extrapolate the data obtained by these so-called surveys, in the DM's pathetic excuse for journalism, the truth is, that they didn't survey 100,000 Muslims, or anywhere near that number.

The truth is, that all they can say for certain, in that survey is, that these couple of hundred people who were surveyed answered in this particular way. Therefore they cannot say out of 1.6 million Muslims, "100, 000 Muslims hold viewpoint 'X'..."

My bold=

Precisely.

What you don't comment on, with your biased comments on the DM (*spits* ) survey is

What were the questions posed to these Muslims? How were the questions phrased? Was the language used within the survey ambiguous? Were the Muslims British nationals, and and more importantly, were they native English speakers? Did they understand the question, whether it was loaded or not? how was that data interpreted?

As I said in a previous thread where this survey was discussed as being "authoritative"

what were the respondents asked?

were they asked "Do you understand how these suicide bombers must have felt, to do such a thing?" is not the same as asking "Did you agree what they did was right?"

You can understand the reasoning behind a terrorist attack, without necessarily believing the action is "Just" or "right".

For example, looking logically and historically at what has happened in Ireland over the past 300/ 400 years or so, I can see why the people who carried out IRA attacks would feel aggrieved at their country being occupied by the British forces. I don't agree that the bombings were a right response to that occupation, but I can see why they would feel driven to carrying out the attacks.

I also pointed out that, no matter how one tries to extrapolate the data obtained by these so-called surveys, in the DM's pathetic excuse for journalism, the truth is, that they didn't survey 100,000 Muslims, or anywhere near that number.

The truth is, that all they can say for certain, in that survey is, that these couple of hundred people who were surveyed answered in this particular way. Therefore they cannot say out of 1.6 million Muslims, "100, 000 Muslims hold viewpoint 'X'..."

Precisely.

I'm guessing dm means Daily Mail ... If so what do they have to do with anything ? The Telegraph is the paper in question .

And I'd write to the newspaper and tell them they're findings are wrong then if I was you .

And the fact there could possibly be BRITISH Muslims that ' cannot understand the English language " is itself another issue that's just ... Wrong

Edited by s2 blade

What language does "gaura" mean "english" in?

To my knowledge "gora" and varients thereof means "white" in urdu and related languages.

Gaura means English/white male and Gauri means English/white female.

If a group like the EDL is called racist and comes under massive scrutiny because a few (and it is a few compared to the amount of members they have) then shouldn`t Islam come under massive scrutiny for the extremists in their communities.

Just because most Muslims live perfectly normal lives has nothing to do whether we should criticise Islam.

There is a common theme when talking about 9/11...7/7....the Madrid bombings and suicide bombers in general.

I wonder if they would blow themselves up if they believed no paradise was waiting.

Qur'an 98:6—Verily, those who disbelieve (in the religion of Islam, the Qur'an and Prophet Muhammad) from among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) and Al-Mushrikun will abide in the Fire of Hell. They are the worst of creatures.

Why should it not be criticised?

If a group like the EDL is called racist and comes under massive scrutiny because a few (and it is a few compared to the amount of members they have) then shouldn`t Islam come under massive scrutiny for the extremists in their communities.

Just because most Muslims live perfectly normal lives has nothing to do whether we should criticise Islam.

There is a common theme when talking about 9/11...7/7....the Madrid bombings and suicide bombers in general.

I wonder if they would blow themselves up if they believed no paradise was waiting.

Qur'an 98:6—Verily, those who disbelieve (in the religion of Islam, the Qur'an and Prophet Muhammad) from among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) and Al-Mushrikun will abide in the Fire of Hell. They are the worst of creatures.

Why should it not be criticised?

What I believe that text is saying is the believers of other religions and the atheists who don't believe in Islam, the Quran or the Prophet (PBUH) will burn in hell on the day of judgement and those that believe will not burn in hell.

What is there to criticise?

I'm sure other religious texts contain similar passages....

Are you an Atheist by any chance or do you just hate Islam/Muslims ? :hihi: