The Returned (Les Revenants)

ooh all them people round the fire in the woods that lena stumbled on......whats all that then Oo

I hate to say this but ... you can Google to find out what happens in every single episode ... 1 to 8! :gag:

I accidentally stumbled upon this a few weeks ago when I was looking for one of the character's name ... it's already been shown in France. I immediately 'back arrowed' without reading! No way do I want to know what happens before it's shown. G/F and I am hooked on it!

I have my ideas.

Perhaps the whole of the village is dead, and the returners don't know they are dead. Maybe that's why no-one can exit the village.

Perhaps a witch was drowned when the village was submerged to create the reservoir, and s/he cursed the living in the nearby village.

I have my ideas.

Perhaps the whole of the village is dead, and the returners don't know they are dead. Maybe that's why no-one can exit the village.

Perhaps a witch was drowned when the village was submerged to create the reservoir, and s/he cursed the living in the nearby village.

I think that it is something along these lines. Various stages of undead/returned. Lena's back looked as if it were starting to decompose in some way, as does Victor's arm. I think there is more to Lena than meets the eye that is beyond the twin telepathy trope.

I love it although some of the scenes are difficult to watch, especially any involving the cannibal. I suspect that we can expect the unexpected as nothing is as it seems. Victor is clealry at the epicentre, he was the one responsible for causing the coach crash - why? Why return only now (again)? What is the purpose of his recent return?

I didn't take that scene to mean Camille was literally feeling the sensations of her twin having sex, rather feeling that something bad was happening, the betrayal.

Yes you could be right.

*Spoilers*

Plain Talker, your theory of them all being dead (the town being empty) would explain the dam workers' nonchalant attitude to realising they can't stop the flooding of the power station and their decision to just abandon the town. They were just far too casual about abandoning a seemingly sizable town which must hold thousands of residents.

Suffy, I actually think that perhaps Lena did die when she collapsed in the underpass and is returned herself. Her wound seems to have healed, much like Lucy's injuries did (we're assuming she's returned, right?). It could be that, or it could be that the returned have healing powers, hence she healed when Serge creepily applied the nettle concotion to her wound. I really have no idea about Victor's arm. Have we ever seen his arms before? Has it always been like that?

The website is well worth a visit. Put the speakers on for the haunting music, and be warned the very beginning might make you jump: http://lesrevenants.canalplus.fr/?lang=en#!/

I did start watching it, but I found it a bit too slow for my liking.

I did start watching it, but I found it a bit too slow for my liking.

yeah it is slow

and weird

it drip feeds you new things about the characters every week

Well, i's the final episode this Sunday. Will we get all the answers we so desperately need?

So the lake is definitely the key - did we notice how it "reclaimed" Serge when he tried to swim across it?

Well, i's the final episode this Sunday. Will we get all the answers we so desperately need?

So the lake is definitely the key - did we notice how it "reclaimed" Serge when he tried to swim across it?

I noticed that.... However I was thinking more on the lines of that the brother was a) going to have a heart attack, and b) why did the brother swim all the way back to the shore they had left from, when they were at least halfway across - was it the same phenomenon as julie and victor and what-have-you driving over the dam and through the tunnel, umpteen times...

(and, oddly, never running out of fuel in the car!!)

I noticed that.... However I was thinking more on the lines of that the brother was a) going to have a heart attack, and b) why did the brother swim all the way back to the shore they had left from, when they were at least halfway across - was it the same phenomenon as julie and victor and what-have-you driving over the dam and through the tunnel, umpteen times...

(and, oddly, never running out of fuel in the car!!)

why would they run out of fuel? it wasn't that far, and only 4 or 5 times

What about all the animals that were found in the dam that had apparently commited suicide?