The Returned (Les Revenants)

There's definitely something in the water... which dropped another couple of metres last night!

That's your excuse, you stick to it!

Has anyone been sticking with this? Episode 3 last night, and still engrossing. Who or WHAT on Earth is Victor? And, why are the twins still merrily escaping to the pub when there's a supposed serial killer on the loose? What were the rotting remains in the bin all about?

Do we think The Returned are indestructible now they've been resurrected? The last we saw of Mr Costa's wife, she was tied up in the burning house....that is until she turned up at his funeral.

I'm in half a mind to record the rest of the series so I can watch it all at once, the weekly gaps are just too much!

Yes, still watching and it gets better and better every week. Everyone should be watching it!

What was going on at the end with the man attacking Julie and turning into Victor? I thought I'd missed something there so I rewound it to watch that scene back and, nope, I didn't miss anything - he just turned into Victor.

I'm curious about the relevence of the animals/insects (whether alive, dead, returned or rotting in a bin). They've been featuring more and more and they also appear floating in the water (in the dam, I assume) in the opening titles.

Also, those water levels in the dam are dropping rapidly and the dam workers seem rather worried and secretive about what it could reveal. An old town drowned to construct dam? This current town certainly looks very modern with facilities a plenty and is absolutely covered in CCTV (although none in the underpass. That was ridiculous).

How did Lena get that scar on her back? What's the story with sinister Pierre? Why do the returned need no sleep but appear to need to eat all the time?

So many questions! What an excellent and absorbing series.

I reckon Victor's in charge of everything ... he caused the coach to crash in the first place. I have a sneaky suspicion he was already 'returned' at this point and is the brother of Julie (which she doesn't know) and also possibly of Serge (who attempted to kill Julie before he died).

At any rate, there's more to Victor than meets the eye! :suspect::huh:

this is the "zombie" series?

Not Walking Dead style zombies. They've returned from the dead but for the most part they look and act normally (except Victor).

I reckon Victor's in charge of everything ... he caused the coach to crash in the first place. I have a sneaky suspicion he was already 'returned' at this point and is the brother of Julie (which she doesn't know) and also possibly of Serge (who attempted to kill Julie before he died).

At any rate, there's more to Victor than meets the eye! :suspect::huh:

Yes I think he was returned already at the time of the crash. He seems to be from an earlier time. I'd never thought about him being her brother but it's a good thought. I've been trying to think who he could be for him to be so protective of her (and for her to feel protective towards him), because if it was a son or even a younger brother she'd recognise him. But he could be an older brother who died before Julie was born. He's playing an almost guardian angel role (which would fit in with the other religious themes of the series).

My partner and i watched The Returned and found it very interesting viewing, im not a fan of sub titled programs but i stuck with it and am looking forward to the next episode, my only complaint is about Camilles sister having sex and her sister feeling and being made uncomfortable by it, i realy dont think even twins experience this, but apart from that, The Returned looks promising.

Of course they don't!

Neither do people come back from the dead but that doesn't bother you?

An old town drowned to construct dam? This current town certainly looks very modern with facilities a plenty and is absolutely covered in CCTV (although none in the underpass. That was ridiculous).

Much is made of it being a "small town" where everyone knows everyone else. For a small town it sure has a lot of facilities - a sophisticated library set up, looks to have some sort of further education college, a police headquarters, a cross-town bus service! But only one pub.

Not that that's got anything to do with the plot or anything....

Of course they don't!

Neither do people come back from the dead but that doesn't bother you?

Maybe theres more to that scene than origionaly thought then, we may see in future episodes that theres a link to the twin girls feeling certain sensations between eachother.

Maybe theres more to that scene than origionaly thought then, we may see in future episodes that theres a link to the twin girls feeling certain sensations between eachother.

I didn't take that scene to mean Camille was literally feeling the sensations of her twin having sex, rather feeling that something bad was happening, the betrayal.

This is my fave tv programme at the moment! The soundtrack is brilliant, really sets the scene for the whole story. Has me on the edge of my seat every week. Love how we get to find a tiny bit more out about each character each week. The dam has definitely got something to do with what's happening. Victor is the spookiest of all of the "returned" no idea where it's all going but i'm loving finding out!

Damn this is good stuff. Really good stuff. Only 2 episodes to go - I'm not ready for it to end yet! How annoying that we're looking at almost 2 years until we get to see the second series :(