Travel insurance for people with cancer

Sorry I,m late coming in but have only just read the thread. Although I dont have cancer I have a dicky ticker and this year is the first time away since that fateful day.After getting ridiculous quotes someone at the British Heart Foundation told me of a company called Fish. After disclosing everything they came up with three levels of cover of which the top one was more than fifty per cent cheaper than the most expensive previous quote I had received.Have a great and safe holiday.

My partner was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma (a type of blood cancer in the Leukemia (sp?) family just after christmas, she has just finished a 6 month cycle of Chemo) we regularly had holidays abroad as her parents retired, sold up everything in the UK and moved to Turkey a few years ago, where they bought their own place, so we used to go over. Our insurance as a family of 3 with Virgin Money was around £17 for the period of our stay, now we cant get it for less than about £700.

Looks like its Skeg in the 'van this year :(

BTW she is only 28 years old.

Edited by bobsyouruncle

I hope this isn't considered against the forum rules, as this subject is very close to my heart and I want to do all I can to help (especially today, as yesterday would have been my granddad's 83rd birthday, but we lost him to pancreatic cancer 7 years ago).

The company I work for has a group aimed at using people power to get the insurance companies to give cancer patients a better deal on insurance, as we believe it is wrong that, on top of everything else, those dealing with this horrible disease have to stress about the cost of insuring a holiday.

I can't post a link, but the company is called Bought By Many.

I hope you have a wonderful time on holiday and all the very best!

Ronny

Have pm'd you.

A bit off topic, but I found out the other day the guy who owns Staysure is an ex Chaucer School pupil.

Regards

Doom