Police double standards?

said in papers was a film/tv van not real

said in papers was a film/tv van not real

yeh right!

Why dont you lot get over yourselves?

Sneidy little remarks and faked photos abd I saw this and I saw that, if you see a cop commiting an offence report it. Stop denigraing the whole Police service to service your own predjudices and preconceived notions.

One day you will get the Police service you deserve.

I accept that you are only defending your colleagues, but you need to realise and accept that many of the law abiding general public do not have a very high opinion of the police.

Police officers getting away with (sometimes literally) murder, we see corruption, falsification of records, needless bully-boy tactics, cronyism, lying and just plain idleness all of the time.

In short..............WE DON'T TRUST YOU.

Except in emergencies, the police are expected to follow road traffic law like everyone else.

See for example:

http://www.kent.police.uk/about_us/policies/m/m105.html

All police officers and police staff are expected to adhere to the above regulations regarding the use of mobile phones whilst driving.

I'm sure the same will apply to other forces.

So even if the original posted picture is a hoax, if you see a police officer breaking road traffic law without good reason (i.e. responding to an emergency or something), then report them.

I accept that you are only defending your colleagues, but you need to realise and accept that many of the law abiding general public do not have a very high opinion of the police.

Police officers getting away with (sometimes literally) murder, we see corruption, falsification of records, needless bully-boy tactics, cronyism, lying and just plain idleness all of the time.

Sir, You jump to conclusions, I am not and never been a Police Officer in this country. I have been part of a Border protection unit in Myanmar. So far removed from British police activity to be irrelevant.

I have however observed policing in a number of countries whilst living there. The British Police are the best in the world.

You are very fortunate to live in a country where Police are accountable, relatively free of corruption and live in the areas they police.

No doubt, due to your feelings about them next time you are in difficulty you will hire G4S.

And you have evidence to support this wild statement ?

---------- Post added 11-06-2013 at 17:03 ----------

Sir, You jump to conclusions, I am not and never been a Police Officer in this country. I have been part of a Border protection unit in Myanmar. So far removed from British police activity to be irrelevant.

I have however observed policing in a number of countries whilst living there. The British Police are the best in the world.

You are very fortunate to live in a country where Police are accountable, relatively free of corruption and live in the areas they police.

No doubt, due to your feelings about them next time you are in difficulty you will hire G4S.

Excellent post.

Quick to criticize but even quicker on the 'phone to ring them when the s**t hits the fan.

Many of the law abiding citizens don't have high regard, complete bullmuck. Idiots who commit crime and people who have nothing better in their shallow lives are the ones who have a low opinion of the police. Who do you call if you are mugged..... Ghostbusters no the police.

picture says it all

10022714803661211329956.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Oh the police often feel like judge dread and above the law. This doesnt surprise me at all.

Oh the police often feel like judge dread and above the law. This doesnt surprise me at all.

It has already been established many posts back that this picture is a fake.

Next........!

If you made this statement in Russia or China you would be imprisoned, in Myanmar shot.

You are lucky, appreciate it.

This dosent bother me as much as the overtime scam the coppers had going.

And if he was moving the driver of the car who took the photo would have some awkward questions to answer about taking photos whilst driving.

could it have been the passenger that took the pic or was the car a left hand drive ???