Anti Muslim hate crimes soar after killing in Woolwich.

I stated very, VERY clearly that I was not saying that I condoned revenge attacks. I really do think however that they will cause people to take stock. The threat of severe reprisals can help prevent these attacks however, whether you like it or not.

If the threat of violence against a particular group of people is such a good deterrent, then I really don't understand why the EDL keep on "paying their respects".

From what I can work out, the EDL is usually vastly outnumbered by members of the UAF and other groups, and these left-wingers (according to the EDL) are the ones who start the violence.

If the prospect of being insulted/having bottles thrown at them/getting a good kicking doesn't deter the EDL, then why should it deter other people or groups?

If the prospect of being insulted/having bottles thrown at them/getting a good kicking doesn't deter the EDL, then why should it deter other people or groups?

I tried asking that and just got accused of presenting a straw man, or received (now deleted) queries as to the contents of my skull.

You're alright s2, I couldnt call a fellow blade :thumbsup:

sad to see such a great football club attracts left wing extreme nutters

If the threat of violence against a particular group of people is such a good deterrent, then I really don't understand why the EDL keep on "paying their respects".

From what I can work out, the EDL is usually vastly outnumbered by members of the UAF and other groups, and these left-wingers (according to the EDL) are the ones who start the violence.

I don't think the UAF thing happens everywhere, according to the papers it was only Sheffield that had major problems with the flower laying?

I don't suppose anyone from whatever group is going to give in under the threat of violence and unauthorised people trying to stop them doing their thing or having their say? Would it you? It's not like it was the police stopping them, neither side was breaking any laws until the trouble started.

Yes, I had already that's why I asked the question because I can't see anyone 'apologising', 'allowing' or condoning the acts you describe :)

So you going to answer the question?

How many of the 2.2 billion muslims you actually met?

sad to see such a great football club attracts left wing extreme nutters

Left wing :hihi:

Right, so you admit that the EDL's only reason for "paying their respects" to Lee was because he was murdered by Muslim fanatics.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

No. not even close.

Which must mean that they basically don't give a hoot about the other soldiers who die in action. Or other soldiers who are murdered in this country - but not by Muslim fanatics.

Must it?

Youve got a strange idea about things you have.

Entertaining but definitely strange.

In other words, they are being deliberately provocative and using Lee's death to cause as much trouble as they can.

In your opinion.

Youve got there all by yourself so its obviously what you think anyway.

And they're totally disrespecting the wishes of Lee's family.

No they arent.

Thats the uaf mob

What a lovely bunch of people they are.

If you say so love.

---------- Post added 12-06-2013 at 20:35 ----------

You champion this countries values and talk about freedom speech for the EDL, and say that people who don't respect this countries values should move to another country,

Exactly right.

By jove i think hes got it.

Your problem with that is?

Actually you're right, it is all too easy to figure it out.

Drum roll people.

Here it comes.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

This has more to do with your hatred of Muslims than your love for your country.

Almost. Its partly to do with my hatred of islam.

mostly to do with my love for my country.

So near yet so far.

---------- Post added 12-06-2013 at 20:37 ----------

Lets see what you said...

To which BF replied:

Leading to you saying:

So, by giving that figure, you must have been referring in your first post to the entire world population of Muslims.

But, then you referred to "our society":

There's no possibility that there are 2.2bn Muslims in "our society". But on the off chance you were referring to the "global society", then I think you'll find that globally, there's plenty of criticism and praise of the darker sides of Islamic teaching.

But assuming you were meaning "British society", you then said:

But those reasons you mentioned on the previous page were criticisms of the "2.2bn" Muslims globally, and even then you got one completely wrong. Further, trying to judge the actions of a group of people in this country based on people who share something in common with them who live in war torn third world countries is ridiculous. I don't see you offering the same criticisms towards Christians living in this country because of the belief in female genital mutilation, witchcraft and other medieval ideas that are still practised by devout Christians living in many African countries.

I too would like to see proof of your claim that the majority of Muslims are extremists, on either of you measures, globally or just in the UK.

Wow i bet that post took you some time.

Its almost a shame not to read it.

:hihi:

---------- Post added 12-06-2013 at 20:38 ----------

Oh, dear, considering how intelligent you seem to think you are, you really don't understand the basis for a proper debate, do you?

Ahhhhh, such a shame you had to resort to childish insults because you cant get your point across (what ever it is) any other way.

Looks like its you who doesn't understand the basis for a proper debate

Attack the post, not the poster ;)

Edited by SAAB_

such a shame you had to resort to childish insults because you cant get your point across

Pot - meet kettle.

Wow i bet that post took you some time.

Its almost a shame not to read it.

:hihi:

Pot - meet kettle.

No pot kettle scenario there.

I bet you feel a bit silly now. I know i would if i were you.

Right, so you admit that the EDL's only reason for "paying their respects" to Lee was because he was murdered by Muslim fanatics.

Which must mean that they basically don't give a hoot about the other soldiers who die in action. Or other soldiers who are murdered in this country - but not by Muslim fanatics.

In other words, they are being deliberately provocative and using Lee's death to cause as much trouble as they can.

And they're totally disrespecting the wishes of Lee's family.

What a lovely bunch of people they are.

EDL - BBC News Report on today's arrest of 179 EDL supporters in London

11 Nov 2011

These EDL supporters were all arrested despite doing nothing wrong after they had been to show their respects at the Remembrance Service at the Cenotaph.

Thanx to Sophie Exeter Angel for the vid and also to Jim for organising everything and big respect to all who turned up

God Save The Queen

No pot kettle scenario there.

I bet you feel a bit silly now. I know i would if i were you.

I would only feel silly if I was in the middle of something and I'd wasted my time replying to you. Denying that you didn't just make a fool out of yourself with your own words doesn't make the fact that you did go away.

Out of interest, how many of the "2.2 billion" Muslims have you met? We're still waiting for some proof of your claims that they're mostly extremists... but I suppose you won't know that since you're ignoring all the posts which don't agree with you. What was that someone was saying earlier about having heads in the sand?

So you going to answer the question?

How many of the 2.2 billion muslims you actually met?

You're the one making sensational statements, my view has been formed by the ones I've actually met and I tend to judge people how I find them rather than on some preconceived stereotypical prejudice.