HELP! Question about sterilising bottle teats..

We've been sterilising our bottle teats using Milton tablets for the past 7 weeks. The baby is using them fine but I've just bought some new ones, to replace a lost one, and I have noticed that the ones we have been using for the past 7 weeks have discoloured quite a lot in that they are no longer clear and look quite foggy / milky. I assume that this is due to them being in Milton all day... does any one know if this is dangerous at all to the baby? Should the teats be replaced once they aren't clear any more?:help:

Nah it will be alright, germs are good for them.

Let me you ask you a question, was it born naturally or c-section?

What difference does that make?

The bleach in the milton fluid does react against the rubber/ silicone in the teats, and they do turn that milky/ cloudy colour.

The bleach in the milton fluid does react against the rubber/ silicone in the teats, and they do turn that milky/ cloudy colour.

Thanks, that's what I thought it was. Are they still safe to use?

What difference does that make?

Just saying, babies born c-section have weaker immune systems because they fail to pick up and immunise themselves against the germs that are in the various fecal fluids they would normally come into contact with when a woman excretes during natural birth labour.

This means they are more susceptible to infection than their natural born counterparts.

Trust me, this is science talking, this is me using science for good.

Just better to take extra care if this is the case.

They are fine - less germs than on the average nipple anyway.

Thanks, that's what I thought it was. Are they still safe to use?

Yes, they are generally fine, just carry out the usual safety checks that you would normally do, every time you get one of the teats out of the steriliser... (check that the teat or dummy is not cracking/ breaking up, and could pose a choking hazard for the little-ones).

If the rubber/ silicone is breaking up then of course you need to throw the teat or dummy away.

Parents have sterilized using Milton for year, it'll be fine :)