Does Islam enrich the UK?

Iv yet to see any benefits Islam brings to any country let alone the UK.
We never will!

We never will!

It's as daft a question as asking someone who isn't a pigeon fancier what benefits pigeons have brought to the UK.

It's as daft a question as asking someone who isn't a pigeon fancier what benefits pigeons have brought to the UK.

There wasnt a question there ,just a statement which is open for you or anyone else to contradict and show to be false ,,Islam is no benefit to the UK or indeed as far as I can tell any country..all I see round the world in Islamic majority countries is blood and strife and in many cases poverty.Tell me truthfully do you want that situation here ?

Quite simply no.

In exactly the same way that Hinduism, Christianity, Scientology or any other baseless cult do not benefit humanity in any way other than to give false hope to the weak minded. When you need an ancient text to tell you to act decently towards your fellow man you're in trouble because you should be doing that sort of thing naturally.

There wasnt a question there ,just a statement which is open for you or anyone else to contradict and show to be false ,,Islam is no benefit to the UK or indeed as far as I can tell any country..all I see round the world in Islamic majority countries is blood and strife and in many cases poverty.Tell me truthfully do you want that situation here ?

Well Islam's been no benefit to me whatsoever because I'm not a Muslim.

Has it taken anything away from me? No, because I'm not a Muslim or required to observe any aspects of the doctrine as a non Muslim.

That was really my point with the pigeon fancying analogy.

Has it taken anything away from me? No, because I'm not a Muslim or required to observe any aspects of the doctrine as a non Muslim.

Pigeon fancying didn't cause me to be help up at airports so had less affect on my life than Islam.

Pigeon fancying doesn't cost us billions of pounds to police.

Pigeon fancying isn't a drain on our econamy.

My bold - that's because you live in the UK, you couldn't say the same of living in a Muslim country, which is Glamrocker's point.

My bold - that's because you live in the UK, you couldn't say the same of living in a Muslim country, which is Glamrocker's point.

There's a bigger clue in the thread title.

Incidentally, I wouldn't choose to live in a Muslim country where my lifestyle was prohibitively restricted.

There's a bigger clue in the thread title.

Incidentally, I wouldn't choose to live in a Muslim country where my lifestyle was prohibitively restricted.

Then you would have to question why so many muslims do.

Presumably because it enriches their lives.

They may not have a choice

Presumably because it enriches their lives.

Do you really believe that ? Iv said many times on here ,forget the wishy washy version of Islam in this country,for now anyway,and take notice of the way Islam works in the East,civil unrest ,bloodshed,poverty and all presumably in the name of Allah