Does Islam enrich the UK?

I think he was deemed mentally ill,you cannot expect them to make an apology for somebody who was mentally ill.I do not think any of us should have to make an apology for crimes committed by individuals even if they claim to do it in our name.

I don't believe Islam has enriched the UK, just looked at what has happened in the last 10 years. London bombing, countless foiled plots against civilians, woolwich murder, different preachers constantly in the news for spreading hate messages and nothing being done to combat that message.

Even 9/11 had a big impact on Britain, this will start to happen more often regardless of what individual opinions people have on here, when it happens again the same discussions will go around, just like they are now, which amount to nothing.

Iv heard more condemnation of the EDL in recent weeks than I have of the murderers of lee rigsby.

There isn't a big enough collective to stand together and oppose what is happening today, there never will be, I believe it's the sad truth.

As for integration, look at tinsley, they don't want to integrate, the proof is there. I mean what has park house school turned into? Is it a school, a place of worship, housing for asylum seekers.

As for the wars in Iraq, afghan, agree or disagree with them, what did those wars have to do with working class men, nothing at all, but it is the working class man that is being targeted for these actions.

It is now in most parts of the world, it probably wasn't a couple of thousand years ago, and I haven't heard the story of Jesus having sex with a nine year old.

Were there any stories, beyond the conspiracy theories, of Jesus having sex at all?

Does Judaism or Evangelism?

Yes the Olympics enriched our country but then the Olympics aren't a religion or faith.

Judaism or Evangelism are not the subject of this thread. this is about how the Dutch have stated it does not enrich their country. If you wanted to start a thread bout these two other aspects, be my guest.

I used the olympics are a simile as it can be truly considered open to all.

I think he was deemed mentally ill,you cannot expect them to make an apology for somebody who was mentally ill.I do not think any of us should have to make an apology for crimes committed by individuals even if they claim to do it in our name.

He was, but I question the sanity of those men that killed Lee Rigby. I think there are people on here that are using his death as a stick to beat all Muslims with.

I'm going to fall for that aren't I Smithy :suspect:

Come on man even you can do better than that.

I don't think I've missed any point have I - your changing the parameters of the discussion - I never said Mohammad wasn't involved in warfare - I said Islam doesn't contextually, textually teach death for blasphemers.

Any luck with that evidence otherwise yet?

No, you said sharia law only applies to Muslims; I posted a link which demonstrated that your claim was incorrect.

Palirichard we have been seen to rage war against islam by sending troops to Iraq and afghan, this is why we see reactions from some Muslims like we do.

It is now in most parts of the world, it probably wasn't a couple of thousand years ago, and I haven't heard the story of Jesus having sex with a nine year old.

It wasn't a few hundred years ago.

The difficulty with this line of reasoning (and I'm not suggesting you're personally doing this) is that context is often left out of it.

If it was accepted at the time of Mohammad and he did sleep with Aisha (which I can't argue either way - although I would err on the side that he probably did) it wasn't at the time paedophilia (although from our modern perspective that doesn't mean we should argue that it is in any way justified)

To put a slightly different spin on it the age of consent in Malta is 18 - so does that mean that in this country every one who sleeps with a 16 year old is a Paedophile? Of course not - context should always be remembered in these things - whether we agree with that content of that context is a totally different argument.

Palirichard we have been seen to rage war against islam by sending troops to Iraq and afghan, this is why we see reactions from some Muslims like we do.

rubbish, if it was a war against Islam, we would still be fighting in these countries.

He was, but I question the sanity of those men that killed Lee Rigby. I think there are people on here that are using his death as a stick to beat all Muslims with.

I imagine they will be checked by a psychiatrist to check if they are sane.Anders Breivik committed the crime of a madman but was found to be sane.

I didn't say we had, I said we have been seen to.

There is a difference

Can you provide the verse you are refering too as there are more than one verse in the Quran that calls for violence.

e.g.

Qur'an:9:5 - "And when the sacred months have passed, then kill the polytheists wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them and sit in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they should repent, establish prayer, and give zakah, let them [go] on their way. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful."

Qur'an:8:39 - "And fight them until there is no fitnah and [until] the religion, all of it, is for Allah . And if they cease - then indeed, Allah is Seeing of what they do."

The above are not preceded by verses proclaiming not to fight and kill.

No I can't, you are obviously capable of searching the Quran - do it yourself - I'm going to bed in a minute. To be honest I'm fed up with the blatant Islamaphobia on here, believe what you want - you clearly have no intention of taking the verses in context so I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you over them - I know the context and have no reason to stand by Islam for the sake of it - I have no particular affiliation with it and disagree with much of what it teaches.

I have spent a year on here trying to show people the correct context and they clearly don't care so take it as you will.

BTW you have done one favour for me, I have been considering leaving SF for some time now. I have very little time and waste too much of it on here. So thanks for helping me make the decision to leave.