Does Islam enrich the UK?

Of all the Muslims in the UK how many have hacked off a soldier's head in the street?

Please get a sense of perspective.

I think you're missing the point. WeX was expressing concern at the lack of an appropriate and acceptable response from the Muslim community. A few so-called 'community leaders' expressing 'regret' with vague and wolly words doesn't hack it. We want to see the entire community condemn the attack, and that never happens. They remain very largely silent.

I don't need to, I just posted a link to a news story about Muslims putting a Christian to death under sharia law, I demonstrated that your statement was inaccurate and that in Islamic countries sharia law applies to everyone.

And the pope covered up kiddie fiddlers - does this make child abuse Christian?

Of course not.

Thailand is a Buddhist country but still has the death penalty - yet Buddhism teaches that taking a life is against the Buddhist religion.

So let's look at the facts.

Some religions don't allow certain things. Some countries/figures of authority claiming to be representative of those religions do those things.

Therefore - by logical deduction - those people are not following that religion. Like I said - old and boring argument.

Or let's put it a different way. I don't know a single Muslim, who follows his religious texts, that thinks putting someone to death for blasphemy is right.

I do not know any Christian, who follows the religious texts that condones paedophilia.

I don't know one Buddhist, that follows the religious texts that condones the death sentence.

I could say 'Buddhism allows me to go and rob banks and shoot anyone who gets in the way' - I could even try to justify it to myself - but unless I can back it up with the teachings I'm afraid just saying it doesn't make it Buddhist.

10,000 Buddhists could start to follow me and say the same thing - it still doesn't make it Buddhist - in fact it would take a lot of rewriting and convincing of people to make it 'Buddhist' - but even then, even in the future if the teachings were completely changed it still wouldn't technically be Buddhist - and this is found in the Buddhist teachings.

When the republicans brutally the two soldiers three years ago on British soil, by emptying hand guns into them at point blank range whilst they lay wounded, did expect the same from the Roman Catholics and the Irish?
Yes! I would! They need to disassociate themselves lest their silence be taken as tacit approval, if not more.

---------- Post added 09-06-2013 at 21:12 ----------

Come on, the march organised by a Muslim group attracted about 30 people.
Heart-warming.

No it isn't, it’s the ramblings of men.

I know, but it isn't from the Islamic perspective (I did say this, you appear to have selectively read my post).

I think you're missing the point. WeX was expressing concern at the lack of an appropriate and acceptable response from the Muslim community. A few so-called 'community leaders' expressing 'regret' with vague and wolly words doesn't hack it. We want to see the entire community condemn the attack, and that never happens. They remain very largely silent.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/uk/woolwich-attack-police-guard-london-mosque-where-thousands-of-muslims-gathered-to-condemn-murder-of-soldier-lee-rigby-29294815.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/24/british-muslims-condemn-savage-attack-on-drummer-lee-rigby_n_3329691.html

I'm aware that the Soho and Brick Lane nail bomber was schizophrenic, but I don't remember the clamour for Christian faith leaders to condemn him....

Edited by Mister M

I wouldn't call less than 10 people a march, but its a start.

http://www.ilfordrecorder.co.uk/news/news/video_ilford_muslims_march_in_solidarity_with_murdered_soldier_lee_rigby_s_family_1_2217501

---------- Post added 09-06-2013 at 21:04 ----------

I'm sorry but you are changing your comments to suite the facts now.

You said:

I simply pointed out there are no Christian countries in Africa that execute homosexuals. Your comment was wrong, unless you can provide some evidence to contradict what I have said.

Oh come on, if I wanted to be pedantic I never mention state sanctioned execution but lets not go down that road as we can pic the nits for the next hour, or can you accept the point that if it is the countries political policy is not to give homosexuals any legal rights, in a country so violently hostile to homosexuals it is a de facto death sentence to be actively homosexual.

Come on, the march organised by a Muslim group attracted about 30 people.

Are you including the press in that too?

Gathering in a mosque is pointless as the rest of us don't go to such places. Such things need to be done publicly. As for the organisations mentioned in the second link, they are not representative of the mainstream, being UK government funded, and hence, influenced.

Why do we appear to be not getting anywhere in the fight against radicalism.Somebody will say we are but i have not noticed this happening.

Oh come on, if I wanted to be pedantic I never mention state sanctioned execution but lets not go down that road as we can pic the nits for the next hour, or can you accept the point that if it is the countries political policy is not to give homosexuals any legal rights, in a country so violently hostile to homosexuals it is a de facto death sentence to be actively homosexual.

OK, so what is apparent is you cannot be wrong and when you are you will not accept it and try to move the goalposts :roll:

Yes! I would! They need to disassociate themselves lest their silence be taken as tacit approval, if not more.

---------- Post added 09-06-2013 at 21:12 ----------

Heart-warming.

I didn't see any of the Irish or Roman Catholics people I knew standing on the rooftops making sure everyone knew they didn't approve.

I didn't see any of the Irish or Roman Catholics people I knew standing on the rooftops making sure everyone knew they didn't approve.

Does Islam enrich the UK?...No...next question