Decent homes standards/Sheffield Homes refurb

I'm too scared to read some of the many posts on this but was wanting to know if it really is possible to stay living in your property while they are being worked on?

I have a 1 bed flat with all wood floors and am told that as i'm having heating in, to get saving as i'll need to pay for all new flooring and probably some redecorating of the rooms I've not long ago paid out to have done! :mad:

I'm not too fussed about the kitchen & bathroom as i'm told they are finished to completion and painting and I hadn't redone those rooms in anticipation but I have done my living room and am expecting the worst as I have a balcony! I'm quite looking forward to the prospect of having a shower and being warm in winter with new windows (i think) :love:

I am due for a meeting with Lovells and this is the first contact i'll have had about this.

My main concerns are the workers rifling through my underwear drawers and any subsequent damages to my furniture!

I'm not really comfortable knowing people are in my house when i'm at work and am getting rather concerned to say the least. :confused:

i had heating fitted a couple of months back, yes it was messy for a couple of days but my wooden flooring went down ok and i had to do little redecorating, think everyone who works in homes has to be vetted so wouldn't worry about people going through stuff, but might be worth having someone there while they are working

Lovells did my my flat (3 bedroom) it was alot of upheaval but worth it in the end! I was out for a lot of the time and can assure you they did not go near my personal stuff!!! When I was in I even had the joiner helping me with which firm to use for a holiday.Saying that eighteen months on one of the windows was put in wrong so they have to replace it.My feeling is that I couldnt afford to do all this work on my own but I sympathise if you have redcorated recently but my neighbour got a wee bit of money to recompense worth checking out when its finished...in tne meantime think of the end result good luck

I'm too scared to read some of the many posts on this but was wanting to know if it really is possible to stay living in your property while they are being worked on?

I have a 1 bed flat with all wood floors and am told that as i'm having heating in, to get saving as i'll need to pay for all new flooring and probably some redecorating of the rooms I've not long ago paid out to have done! :mad:

I'm not too fussed about the kitchen & bathroom as i'm told they are finished to completion and painting and I hadn't redone those rooms in anticipation but I have done my living room and am expecting the worst as I have a balcony! I'm quite looking forward to the prospect of having a shower and being warm in winter with new windows (i think) :love:

I am due for a meeting with Lovells and this is the first contact i'll have had about this.

My main concerns are the workers rifling through my underwear drawers and any subsequent damages to my furniture!

I'm not really comfortable knowing people are in my house when i'm at work and am getting rather concerned to say the least. :confused:

hiya i have just read your post and tbh i would deffinatly advise against leaving the workmen in your property on their own while you are at work,i was told that the workmen were very respectful while work was being carried out but the was not the case in my property at all and tbh i haven't even had an apology for them breaking my belongings but they have finished my house now thank god lol but we did have to buy a new carpet for the living room and the stairs and hall way cause they totally wrecked it....

i wouldnt worry to much

the upheavel was a right pain and ill warn you its messy ,verry messy

but i was worried about leaving my house and the first few days i was really fretting about leaving strangers in my home

but i never had any problems as far as the workmen involved they never did anything untowards and was respectfull of my belongings xx