RAF old plane over North Sheffield

I didn't see it, but there's a good chance it might be the Dakota from the BBMF on it's way over to Belper Steam Rally

http://www.belpersteam.co.uk/thisyear.htm

I assume it was this. It did a couple of passes over Matlock when I was there yesterday :)

I was out walking on the moors between Langsett Reservoir and the Derwent Valley yesterday and heard then saw the plane as I was at Hanging Stones. It was a Dakota as already mentioned. It then turned and dropped over the dam at Howden Reservoir. Not quite a Lancaster, but good to see.

today i seen what appeared to be a tiger moth flying very low over rother valley. i see a bi plane quite often flying over sheffield/rotherham. also i see what appears to be a red fokker tri plane, anyone else see these? i would love to go up in one of these.

Was it a yellow one flies over S20 quite often

The Tiger Moth G-APAP is owned by Joe Wright and flown also by Steve Carrington Porter. It was built at the de Havilland factory, Hatfield in 1940

If it's a bi plane Yellow underneath camoflage on top with RAF markings its a De Havilland Tiger Moth. It flies from Netherthorpe airfield at Worksop .....And if you really really like it you can easily go in it for a price. And there's currently an offer on Groupon. You get to fly in the front seat wear a leather flying jacket, goggles and helmet. and you can even have a go at flying it. I know........ It was last years christmas present and was a great experience.

Edited by Odd-jobs

If it's a bi plane Yellow underneath camoflage on top with RAF markings its a De Havilland Tiger Moth. It flies from Netherthorpe airfield at Worksop .....And if you really really like it you can easily go in it for a price. And there's currently an offer on Groupon. You get to fly in the front seat wear a leather flying jacket, goggles and helmet. and you can even have a go at flying it. I know........ It was last years christmas present and was a great experience.

nice bit of info there, im glad its a tiger moth and im not seeing things. now i know what i want for christmas this year.

I can also recommend it. I got it for Fathers day. Don't know how much it was but my daughters got a Groupon offer for it. Really enjoyable experience. The pilot and ground crew were all very helpful and answered any questions.

They also do a flight over the dams on the Dam Buster run. This is a lot more expensive though.

There are the remains of a Dakota in the Peak District. I know where it is but never ventured out to it. I always go to the superfortress wreckage on bleak low hill.

I have never heard of these, but i find stuff like that fascinating, can you see them from google earth?

yes seen the bi-planes flying over sheffield on saturday and then again on sunday about 4 oclock

---------- Post added 30-09-2013 at 11:46 ----------

bladesman123;10072811]I have never heard of these, but i find stuff like that fascinating, can you see them from google earth?[

i am not sure which one it is but you go to the top off the snake and follow the path to the plane

---------- Post added 30-09-2013 at 11:48 ----------

http://aircrashsites.co.uk/tag/bleaklow/

---------- Post added 30-09-2013 at 12:12 ----------

i've heard there are a few Fokkers over that way :-)

(Stan Boardman voice)