protests in town 8/6/13

But not Sheffield and not today so hardly a reflection of what went on in Sheffield today which is what the discussion is about.

Please try to keep up.

The discussion in context at the time of this being posted was one of comparing the EDL 'peace salute' with that of the nazi salute which is very difficult to distinguish between. This is actually very pertinent to what has happened in Sheffield today.

---------- Post added 08-06-2013 at 20:31 ----------

Britain needs bnp and edl as there the only ones that stand up for british people and say what most of the country thinks

How do you know what 'most of the country thinks'?

Britain needs bnp and edl as there the only ones that stand up for british people and say what most of the country thinks
In that case you can look forward to them sweeping to power at the next election then eh?

I must admit that I am surprised and becoming very disalousand at how certain political parties and others are creating a climate of fear of anything or anyone that is foreign or different and tarring everyone with the same brush. and how some are saying we are defending englishness. Lets pause for thought and think what is an english person... and where we came from.. anglo saxon.. well the saxon gives it away german.. norman well they came from normandy in france.. vikings.. danish and other scandinavian countries, roman.. italian.. so there you have it we are a race of europeans.. and thats just early history.. so what are they defending we are a race made up from immigrants and other country conquests over the past well at least 2,000 years

I have also noticed that there is good and bad on both sides yes today there were a few younger generation from the ethnic minorities going round with their faces covered goading the EDL. And the same goes for members of the EDL walking down the road giving Nazi salutes and making certain animal noises..

But in the whole the party in the peace gardens was amazing and gave a true example of what Sheffield is about Peace Love and Harmony :)

Please try to keep up.

The discussion in context at the time of this being posted was one of comparing the EDL 'peace salute' with that of the nazi salute which is very difficult to distinguish between. This is actually very pertinent to what has happened in Sheffield today.

I was keeping up quite well thanks. There have been a lot of claims on this thread about nazi salutes at today's protest. The posted photos have singularly failed to show this. We are all fully aware that the EDL are not the nicest bunch of lads and do use nazi salutes, but that is hardly evidence of any such activity in Sheffield today.

Oh dear oh dear.

Is it just me that finds it embarrassing to be British/english/Yorkshire/Sheffield most of the time?

In that case you can look forward to them sweeping to power at the next election then eh?

No but cant see bnp being any worse than the the bunch of monkeys that are in government now

---------- Post added 08-06-2013 at 20:50 ----------

Oh dear oh dear.

Is it just me that finds it embarrassing to be British/english/Yorkshire/Sheffield most of the time?

This forum should have a like button :)

---------- Post added 08-06-2013 at 20:52 ----------

Please try to keep up.

---------- Post added 08-06-2013 at 20:31 ----------

How do you know what 'most of the country thinks'?

I cant put it on here or thay will close the thread again

No but cant see bnp being any worse than the the bunch of monkeys that are in government now

Yep, can't see any issues with a party with no aims other than 'leave the EU' and 'kick all the foreigners out' running the entire country.

While UKIP have gaping holes in the policy set, BNP makes them seem like a fully rounded sensible bunch of xenophobes.

I cant put it on here or thay will close the thread again

Why? Is it illegal or grossly offensive the way you've found out what they think?

Oh dear oh dear.

You're not alone Something, it is more than coincidence that these extreme right wingers seem the most uneducated.

How do you know this? That most turned up are from out of town?

I don't think any decent person from sheffield would rampage around a city centre and make a mockery of placing a wreath at a war memorial.

---------- Post added 08-06-2013 at 21:01 ----------

*they're

What exactly does most of the British public think? You seem very well informed.

Yep, can't see any issues with a party with no aims other than 'leave the EU' and 'kick all the foreigners out' running the entire country.

While UKIP have gaping holes in the policy set, BNP makes them seem like a fully rounded sensible bunch of xenophobes.

Why? Is it illegal or grossly offensive the way you've found out what they think?

No its not iliegal but I know from other media posts that people are fed up with the Islamic religion and and imigrants in this country

It's times like this I wished I lived up Endcliffe Park way with all the educated, bohemian types.

We could bash peace bongos, have a vegetarian bbq and invite the homeless.

No its not iliegal but I know from other media posts that people are fed up with the Islamic religion and and imigrants in this country

carefull matey your posts will be removed without warning or explanation just as mine and others have within the last hour or so.....because you dared to challenge certain religions and mention the I word