protests in town 8/6/13

There's no riot. I tried to walk along West Street about half an hour ago and it was blocked by police, but there was no rioting happening. A bit of a kettle if anything. I ended up going along Broad Lane instead, and if it you didn't know anything was happening you'd be none the wiser. All clear around Brook Hill roundabout at that point.

It all happened about 3 hours ago mate - you missed the thick of it.

What is this country comeing to when you cant go in town center in britsh shirt after all we are in Britain I think

strange how its always the edl but that last 2 saturdays the ant facists have been the trouble makers.

The anti-fascists haven't been making nazi salutes at the war memorial. And yes, there is photographic evidence.

What is this country comeing to when you cant go in town center in britsh shirt after all we are in Britain I think

blame the council

Police seem to be expecting something at the train station, just been past as they brought in lots of extra personnel. Stood in a nice neat line guarding the water fountains as I left the area. Chopper is heading this way too.
ohh old chopper will sort em out.:hihi:

[/b] ohh old chopper will sort em out.:hihi:

Buses packed going into town now, full of eager women :hihi::hihi:

It is probably not a good day to be out on Sheffield's streets wearing a "Help for Heros" sweatshirt either.

you would say that as people said if the uaf and other people even the ones that had a black jihaddist flag had let the edl put the wreath on the memorial then they wouldnt have need this march today . strange how its always the edl but that last 2 saturdays the ant facists have been the trouble makers.

And why did the edl want to pay their respects in such a confrontational way I wonder? Both sides crave attention but saluting Nazi-style won't win the edl the right kind of friends.

It all happened about 3 hours ago mate - you missed the thick of it.

I didn't miss a riot, because there wasn't one. I was in town between 12 and 4.30 ish.

Loads of police, scuffles, crowds shouting, roads blocked, people kettled/contained, yes. Riot, no.

It is probably not a good day to be out on Sheffield's streets wearing a "Help for Heros" sweatshirt either.

But it shouldnt be that way :(

The Right-wingers in here need to cease their campaigns of misinformation. The EDL is a national disgrace.

Last time I had trouble with these animals and talked about it on here, one of you charming fellows attempted -weakly- to make it out that I was lying. Now your group has wreaked havoc on our streets and you deflect once more, how pathetic.

Also yes, the kid with the Jihad flag last week was reported, he has since apologised.

I have been following this all day, in fact, I saw their bigoted leader making a swift escape before leaving his rampant baboons loose on our city centre. He gave me an incredible scowl as he walked past (I'm a bearded muslim by the way). I just smiled at him with pity :) Loser.

Both sides crave attention but saluting Nazi-style won't win the edl the right kind of friends.

Many of them were just, as instructed, giving the peace sign, but some decided to ignore the instruction and did this. I imagine one side will say they were all doing one and the other side will claim they were all doing the other. As normal in these things, the truth lies in the middle.