Garden shears sharpening

Does anyone know somewhere in Sheffield that still does sharpening of garden shears... mine are so blunt it would be more effective to cut the grass with the kids knife and fork!

Try Gunstons at Bradfield Road, Hillsborough. They service lawnmowers and garden equipment so I think they will do sharpening aswell.

Yes they definitely do as I had mine sharpened there.

I used to sharpen ours up with a file. It doesn't take very long to do.

Edited by spilldig
to add some

hi there`s a garden/tool shop at the end of abbey lane.not far from the abbey pub.collections are on a Tuesday.very reasonable prices

Edited by maggyirene

I used to sharpen ours up with a file. It doesn't take very long to do.

You can, but the file needs to be broad, flat with a "fine cut" and preferably with the blade clamped in a vice for accuracy. The cutting edge only needs to be filed and at the right angle, not the back of the blade.

hi there`s a garden/tool shop at the end of abbey lane.not far from the abbey pub.collections are on a Tuesday.very reasonable prices

the hardware shop??... Used to buy all my sandpaper from there when i lived inWoodseats as it was about 1000 times better than Homebases!