Tree removal on council property

my garden backs on to a field and i have no access to it except through the house or the gennel at the side of the next door neighbours house...i would like to make an access point at the bottom of garden but can not due to hedges and trees.plus one of the trees is very large and blocks quite a bit of light...any one know the right way or who to contact regarding removal of trees to make an access point..would it be sheffield city council or a private contractor?

my garden backs on to a field and i have no access to it except through the house or the gennel at the side of the next door neighbours house...i would like to make an access point at the bottom of garden but can not due to hedges and trees.plus one of the trees is very large and blocks quite a bit of light...any one know the right way or who to contact regarding removal of trees to make an access point..would it be sheffield city council or a private contractor?

You need to find which part of the council own the field (Education, parks, housing)

The answer will usually be no to remove unless it is diseased or a danger also you have right of access down your neighbours gennel as it shared access so the question would be why do you need access from the rear (Ooer)

Do you know for certain that it's council property - is it the council who owns the field?

but what if the trees totally block out all light into the house and gardens and is dark all year round as so many trees which were plkanted in 60s grew too big and now no budget. It affects peoples health not having sun in garden and house all the leaves and mess etc.

but what if the trees totally block out all light into the house and gardens and is dark all year round as so many trees which were plkanted in 60s grew too big and now no budget. It affects peoples health not having sun in garden and house all the leaves and mess etc.

You can approach the council, but please do not be offended if the answer is no to a removal... Ask them about 'cleaning' the tree ie; removal of dead, dying, & decayed wood and thinning and or reduction work. They may consider work to the tree(s).

Finance on non-essential work will not be top of their list, if you make an offer to fund the work this might encourage them.

Contact the council, ask for a tree officer and talk to them about issues that affect you or yours......

'The Tree Team'