Staff parking at Meadowhall

A discipif you get a job with inary from whom? I'm sorry, but you can't go straight to a "disciplinary" without exhausting odisciplinary procedures such as verbal warnings and all that jazz.

Anyway, if your working the late shift then the car park will be getting full anyway, they aren't going to be monitoring all bloody day.

From the store you're working in???? As part of you're agreement- the store you're working

In gives you store approval, so even If you're given a job in a company and the store does not give you store approval you dont get the job. As for the disciplinary - 3 conversations if not abiding -loss of store approval! As for monitoring they are!!!

Find a way of parking there and do it. You shouldn't have to walk half a mile through dangerous parts of the area to be exploited in a low-paid job by a tax dodging corporation just so they can increase their sales by as much as possible whilst sharing none of their success with their workers.

Fight it!

Well if you all want to roll over and have your tummy tickled, so be it. I would just continue to park there. And if you arent starting early then there is bugger all chance of them spotting you.

I had to park in a parent and child bay last Saturday to go in Meadowhall for a matter of 15 minutes (yes, I drove round for 10 minutes first to find a space and got frustrated and gave up). Did anything happen to me? Did it balls, because it was 1pm on a Saturday and the place was heaving, it isnt Minority Report where they can watch every single bloody person :rolleyes:

“We went to retailers and asked staff where they would normally park and they said outside the main doors. We need to put our business first.

So as long as they're making maximum profit, the staff can go to hell.

Using the Park and Ride car park if on an early start may not be a bad idea (assuming you can find a spot).

So as long as they're making maximum profit, the staff can go to hell.

They're already there.

---------- Post added 15-10-2014 at 11:35 ----------

Using the Park and Ride car park if on an early start may not be a bad idea (assuming you can find a spot).

Usually full by 0730.

jb

They're already there.

---------- Post added 15-10-2014 at 11:35 ----------

Usually full by 0730.

jb

Aye, true, Weekends might be a goer though.

Hi so today I had the same discussion with another employee who has been told that if you are caught parking you will get a disciplinary. Three strikes then your store approval will be removed. I and others I have spoke to would gladly pay for parking if it means a compromise on our safety. You can't gain access to the new car park without registering your number plate. What if you're working the late shift and there's nowhere to park am I expected to drive round Wincobank finding somewhere to park?

I hear that public transport links are pretty good at Meadowhall - buses, trams, trains............ ?

Safer than walking back to a far flung car park.

Edited by Daven

I hear that public transport links are pretty good at Meadowhall - buses, trams, trains............ ?

Safer than walking back to a far flung car park.

Depends on time of day.

In the evening you might as well walk or cycle in the rain instead of waiting for a bus 30 to 60 minutes, tram 20 minutes or longer, often packed.