Rangers friendly

Yeah I read the Sheffield Wednesday forum the last week and most seemed welcoming, just don't understand a few posts in this thread such as "This wont end well" etc.

A good boozy day out sounds about right haha, hopefully have a laugh with a few Wednesday fans too. :)

If half the SWFC fans on this forum turn up, you will have a good day mate, if the other half turn up, you won't! (just joking lads) :hihi:

If half the SWFC fans on this forum turn up, you will have a good day mate, if the other half turn up, you won't! (just joking lads) :hihi:

Haha. Any recommendations of pubs/clubs in the city centre to head to after the match?

Also, how do I go about getting from the city centre to Hillsborough?

Haha. Any recommendations of pubs/clubs in the city centre to head to after the match?

Also, how do I go about getting from the city centre to Hillsborough?

City Centre to Hillsborough, you should find stuff on here pal

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/sheffield_wednesday/

Pubs - West Street is lively, but maybe a bit too lively at times (trouble), although I have never seen any. West Street, Division Street, Devonshire Green (all connected) have lots of pubs/bars, etc. There is a Wetherspoons a bit further down called the Benjamin Huntsman and a bar called Henrys a few hundred yards further on, decent beer and decent prices (usually), The Leadmill is usually busy if you like indie music.

See, us Sheffielders are friendly folk, especially us Sheffield United fans :)

City Centre to Hillsborough, you should find stuff on here pal

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/sheffield_wednesday/

Pubs - West Street is lively, but maybe a bit too lively at times (trouble), although I have never seen any. West Street, Division Street, Devonshire Green (all connected) have lots of pubs/bars, etc. There is a Wetherspoons a bit further down called the Benjamin Huntsman and a bar called Henrys a few hundred yards further on, decent beer and decent prices (usually), The Leadmill is usually busy if you like indie music.

See, us Sheffielders are friendly folk, especially us Sheffield United fans :)

Thanks for that mate.

West Street is probably the place I will end up then.

I'm guessing it's pretty easy to get there for the city centre travelodge?

Thanks for that mate.

West Street is probably the place I will end up then.

I'm guessing it's pretty easy to get there for the city centre travelodge?

15 minutes if you walk, five minutes or less in a cab I would guess.

Google maps - Travelodge Broad Street Sheffield, then directions to West Street.

Cheers

15 minutes if you walk, five minutes or less in a cab I would guess.

Google maps - Travelodge Broad Street Sheffield, then directions to West Street.

Cheers

OK cheers for the help!

Hi RangersFCFan, I've been looking forward to this game for weeks, a shame that South Yorks Police have spoilt this fixture with their opposition to giving Rangers more tickets.

Loads of places to have a good drink and I hope you enjoy the day.

Cheers.

Hi RangersFCFan, I've been looking forward to this game for weeks, a shame that South Yorks Police have spoilt this fixture with their opposition to giving Rangers more tickets.

Loads of places to have a good drink and I hope you enjoy the day.

Cheers.

Hi mate, I too have been looking forward to this game since it was announced at the end of May!

Agreed about South Yorkshire Police, I don't understand why they wouldn't give us more tickets (I hear the North Stand will be empty? Please correct me if I am wrong with that).

I'm glad I managed to get tickets on the day of our sale, I would have been extremely annoyed if I didn't get a ticket in the away end after forking out £60 on train tickets and accomodation.

Cheers, I hope you enjoy the day too.

Hi mate, I too have been looking forward to this game since it was announced at the end of May!

Agreed about South Yorkshire Police, I don't understand why they wouldn't give us more tickets (I hear the North Stand will be empty? Please correct me if I am wrong with that).

I'm glad I managed to get tickets on the day of our sale, I would have been extremely annoyed if I didn't get a ticket in the away end after forking out £60 on train tickets and accomodation.

Cheers, I hope you enjoy the day too.

Hi Rangers fan

Welcome to the forum, I also will be there to enjoy ,, tbh with no malice ,I am looking forward on two accounts one being an owl & the other having a affection for Celtic ..

Edited by owl.66

Hi Rangers fan

Welcome to the forum, I also will be there to enjoy ,, tbh with no malice ,I am looking forward on two accounts one being an owl & the other having a affection also with Celtic ..

---------- Post added 12-07-2013 at 20:47 ----------

Hi Rangers fan

Welcome to the forum, I also will be there to enjoy ,, tbh with no malice ,I am looking forward on two accounts one being an owl & the other having a affection with Celtic ..

---------- Post added 12-07-2013 at 20:48 ----------

Hi Rangers fan

Welcome to the forum, I also will be there to enjoy ,, tbh with no malice ,I am looking forward on two accounts one being an owl & the other having a affection for Celtic ..

Thanks for the welcome mate, it should be a good day for both sets of fans.

I don't like the part in bold though, lol!

It's gonna be a mad day this game lol told Scottish love there beer like us Sheffielders :)

Should be a decent atmosphere, anyone know ticket prices and the areas being opened up for this.

Shouldnt the accountant know these things ?

I like your siggy by the way titanic which is a wee wee take on mine i assume , but cant you tell me how £315 and £50 is priceless, isnt that £365 ?????