Is this Art or Crime??

Yes.

Yet it is reviewed and promoted in mainstream newspapers globally, as an art exhibition and exhibited in a New York Art gallery...

Yes.

Yet it is reviewed and promoted in mainstream newspapers globally, as an art exhibition and exhibited in a New York Art gallery...

Its not a surprise that some people find this crap interesting to look at and will pay good money to look at it. Pictures that a 2 year old could paint are occasionally sold for millions, some people just have too much money. Then there's the sheeple affect, tell someone its art and because they want to fit in with the crowd they too will describe it as art, despite thinking its crap. :)

Svenson says the photographs are of his view from his apartment window.

If this is the view from his apartment, is the crime him looking? Is the crime Svenson recording his view? Is the crime publicly sharing his recording of his view. Would it be different if he had recorded it with paint rather than photography? Such as the artist Edward Hopper.

Is the crime the recording and sharing of a view inside a home (private space), rather than a public space (cafe, restaurant etc).

Svenson believes it is art. The Art Gallery has exhibited it. Global Art Critics have reviewed it. National Newspapers have promoted it.

---------- Post added 04-06-2013 at 18:30 ----------

I agree I think it is a violation of the right to privacy. But I want to know why the other groups mentioned above do not think this.

Edited by this_life

Quote:

Originally Posted by this_life

Yes.

Yet it is reviewed and promoted in mainstreamed newspapers globally, as an art exhibition and exhibi ted in a New York Art gallery...

Its not a surprise that some people find this crap interesting to look at and will pay good money to look at it. Pictures that a 2 year old could paint are occasionally sold for millions, some people just have too much money. Then there's the sheeple affect, tell someone its art and because they want to fit in with the crowd they too will describe it as art, despite thinking its crap.

If it's so easy that a two year old could do it then why haven't you? Just because you don't understand stuff, you shouldn't denigrate it.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Its not a surprise that some people find this crap interesting to look at and will pay good money to look at it. Pictures that a 2 year old could paint are occasionally sold for millions, some people just have too much money. Then there's the sheeple affect, tell someone its art and because they want to fit in with the crowd they too will describe it as art, despite thinking its crap. :)

So, you believe it to be crap art; but it still art though.

Great pictures I like them but wouldn't like it if someone was taking pics through my window!!

It is total nonsense with zero artistic merit. In my opinion.

If it's so easy that a two year old could do it then why haven't you? Just because you don't understand stuff, you shouldn't denigrate it.

Because I wouldn't feel comfortable selling crap to gullible people.

---------- Post added 04-06-2013 at 20:35 ----------

So, you believe it to be crap art; but it still art though.

No, I don't believe it to be art.

Art

The expression or application of human creative skill and imagination.

Taking a picture of someone’s arse isn't a creative skill or very imaginative.

Just because he doesn't like what you like, doesn't mean you should assume he doesn't understand it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by taxman

Just because he doesn't like what you like, doesn't mean you should assume he doesn't understand it.

I didn't say I liked it but every time someone bleats about " A two year old could have done that" or "I could have done that" they are missing the point. They didn't do it. If it was so easy why didn't they?