Supertram Summer Engineering Works - Spring lane

I would be very intrested to know what the £250 charge is for.

Mods - why is it that, although I've already submitted two posts to this thread, I'm not receiving notification of further posts added, which has always happened with other threads I've added posts to? And this is a really useful thread I'd really like to see ongoing posts on!

Anyhow, inspector on the B2 this afternoon again said that they were waiting for the application to be approved to run more B2s and they will be running more of them in peak hours between 4 and 6pm. Happy travelling everyone!

All buses whether tram replacement or not, have to be registered with the Yorkshire Traffic Commission. On registration, the service provider must provide a route, timetable and stopping pattern. It's meant to ensure that bus services don't alter routes or stops to gain an advantage over a competitor (eg regular First and Stagecoach services where First or Stagecoach might choose to use another stop or switch route to leapfrog the competitors service).

Therefore, making a B1 a B2 is a variation from the registered service and accordingly could result in a fine. Perhaps that fine is £250??! Although the bus is effectively a tram fornthe purpose of B1 and B2, the YTC rules still apply nonetheless.

All lots of red tape essentially!

This gets complicated does the tram rep buses need to be registered ? The have been but I cant remember seeing them registered b4 and I think the op said one bus (the stopper) was missing, therefore they are changing the bus to make up a problem which should be OK providing they make a note of the problem. Remember that on the first Sunday the express services ran till around 930 which they shouldn't do on a Sunday.

I suspect that any tt change will be done under the "hardship rules" so they can be done quickly.

Edited by bus man

Where is the link for this, please?

EDIT - ah, you added it.

---------- Post added 04-07-2013 at 15:51 ----------

Quick question about that ticket Andy, I'm assuming you have to order it in advance? So if you want it to start on Monday you probably wont get it in time for Monday morning now?

Only just spotted this.. sorry for the delay!

You need to order your first one a week in advance as a smartcard has to be posted out.

Edited by Andy C

Does anyone know when they're going to be able to increase the number of B2 buses? I walked from town to arbourthorne road last night and in 45 minutes four B1s and one B2 went past, and I'm planning to get a B2 tonight :(

Just a thought - the week after next a lot of city centre roads are closed because of this cycle race - so where will the replacement buses go from then?

Just a thought - the week after next a lot of city centre roads are closed because of this cycle race

Sorry but I'm not a cyclist. What race is this?

Is it a one-day event?

Sorry but I'm not a cyclist. What race is this?

Is it a one-day event?

Yes, from memory it's a week on Wednesday. Arundel Gate is amongst the closures from around 2pm I think.

Just a thought - the week after next a lot of city centre roads are closed because of this cycle race - so where will the replacement buses go from then?

-------------------

Hiya know name, Yer need to sort one thing out first, B2 bus

that gets yer home- few weeks off yet with cycleing.

This cycle race, the Sheffield Grand Prix, is on the 24th July and most roads will not be closed until 18:00

These roads will close early

Single Lane Road Closures - 11:00 – 14:00

Arundel Gate (from Furnival Square to Norfolk Street) – lane closure to one traffic lane for buses and cars.

17:15 – 22.30 Pinstone Street (towards Furnival Gate).

17:45 – 22.30 Pinstone Street (from Furnival Gate to Cross Burgess Street), Furnival Gate, Arundel Gate (toward Norfolk Street),

Norfolk Street, Surrey Street (from junction of Norfolk Street towards Pinstone Street) Leopold Street.

See https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1186178&highlight=cycling for more details.

B2 services will increase to every 10 minutes from Monday with the exception of a few hours in the middle of the day. B1 will continue as every 10 mins.

The cycling wont affect buses, any buses, as (i believe) Arundel Gate is open along the route of the tram replacement buses but I'd expect some delays.