Supertram Summer Engineering Works - Spring lane

Someone this morning has finally seen sense and decided to make all the bus stop accessible to the bus, after coning off the left hand lane a few of them were blocked off so little lay bys have been created using the cones.

-------------------

I told an inspector the same thing yesturday morning end of spring lane,

i went to town from there on a bus direct to town A1.

Coming back from the on Arundle Gate i went on B2 single bus, it dropped

me off top off Park grange rd - stop befor Spring lane, the bus stopped

in the middle of the rd and i had to walk in between the cones, thats not

right but at least i got the stop i needed and got home. :thumbsup::hihi:

My journey isn't affected by this year's work, but the new £11.50 tram only passes are great (something that should be offered all the time IMO).

I think when my bit comes up for new rails next summer or the one after I'll probably just use the car for a few weeks. You can't really go on a bus in a suit.

I drove past them ripping them up around 4.30 last night. Not surprised they're replacing them, they looked a right state. They've already made what seems fantastic progress on them, so let's hope the 3 months is a generous guesstimate.

I think when my bit comes up for new rails next summer or the one after I'll probably just use the car for a few weeks. You can't really go on a bus in a suit.

Ok, ill bite. what a weird thing to say?! i have never had a problem. does your suit have big shoulder pads that wont fit through the doors or something?

Worth noting there seems to be some work going on over the weekends too, up between Manor Top and Gleadless Townend, I have the leaflet at home, I'll scan it in tomorrow.

Worth noting there seems to be some work going on over the weekends too, up between Manor Top and Gleadless Townend, I have the leaflet at home, I'll scan it in tomorrow.

Should all be here: http://www.supertram.com/Railreplacement.html

Ok, ill bite. what a weird thing to say?! i have never had a problem. does your suit have big shoulder pads that wont fit through the doors or something?

Dry clean only. I wouldn't risk it on the grubby seats.

The ‘Express‘ buses are pointless imo. Why can it make the stops before Spring Lane? Kind of annoying when you want to go to Arbpurthorne road and the buses just fly past...

The ‘Express‘ buses are pointless imo. Why can it make the stops before Spring Lane? Kind of annoying when you want to go to Arbpurthorne road and the buses just fly past...

Well I just got on one back home and it caught up one of the "slow" services, so it waited for it at the stops, so i asked if i could jump off and the driver had no problem in doing so :D

I'm taking it on the bright side and going the express to spring lane and then walking to where I need just off the arbourthorne road tram stop. Bit of extra exercise and the weather is lovely atm :)

And the problem with the "slow" service is that it takes a much less direct route back into town than the "fast" one, all for the sake of the stop at the College.