Supertram Summer Engineering Works - Spring lane

Any idea when they'll be removing the one way restrictions? Sunday night?

Any idea when they'll be removing the one way restrictions? Sunday night?

Well if the trams went down the "downhill" line this morning/last night, then surely all the track has now been replaced? So what is the purpose of today and the weekend? Repainting of damaged Tarmac?

Well if the trams went down the "downhill" line this morning/last night, then surely all the track has now been replaced? So what is the purpose of today and the weekend? Repainting of damaged Tarmac?

Lmfao repainting tarmac!

Lmfao repainting tarmac!

We could have a laugh at your posts over the last few pages, eh?

The red Tarmac on the edges of the road has been decimated in some parts of Norfolk Park because of the works, I wouldnt expect you to know this though. Carry on trolling, Sir.

We could have a laugh at your posts over the last few pages, eh?

The red Tarmac on the edges of the road has been decimated in some parts of Norfolk Park because of the works, I wouldnt expect you to know this though. Carry on trolling, Sir.

I'm sure I've read somewhere (could be in the deep depths of this thread) that they're phasing out the red as cyclists keep mistaking them for cycle lanes and get too close for comfort to the trams.

I would imagine the weekend is an opportunity to do final inspections etc to ensure services resume without hiccup.

Before getting the trams back on fully they have to attach them to the sky with sky hooks, eh no user name?

Before getting the trams back on fully they have to attach them to the sky with sky hooks, eh no user name?

Nurse!!!!!

I'm sure I've read somewhere (could be in the deep depths of this thread) that they're phasing out the red as cyclists keep mistaking them for cycle lanes and get too close for comfort to the trams.

I would imagine the weekend is an opportunity to do final inspections etc to ensure services resume without hiccup.

Yeah - if they're repainted I suspect they'll be hatched out rather than given a new red surface.

Conductor just told us that they will still be running buses monday in case people dont realise the works are over and go to try to catch bus that isnt running. Smells off that explanation !

No word on the blue tram shutdown though :)

Conductor just told us that they will still be running buses monday in case people dont realise the works are over and go to try to catch bus that isnt running. Smells off that explanation !

No word on the blue tram shutdown though :)

Definitely good forward thinking to have buses on standby, but I'm confused as to the economic justification for running them alongside the trams regardless. What would be the harm in a sign at Castle Square telling people, or a member of staff stationed there telling people, or even an on tram announcement?! And as far as the bus stops en route are concerned, signs up at those telling people. They're all not far from tram stops.

Looking forward to Monday!

Definitely good forward thinking to have buses on standby, but I'm confused as to the economic justification for running them alongside the trams regardless. What would be the harm in a sign at Castle Square telling people, or a member of staff stationed there telling people, or even an on tram announcement?! And as far as the bus stops en route are concerned, signs up at those telling people. They're all not far from tram stops.

Looking forward to Monday!

Regarding my meeting with my friend in the know last night, the anonymous buyer wants the trams to run another month but with deliberate delays and taking some trams off at peak times to see how the trams copy under pressure I.E full capacity going at full speed, the staff will be told within 2 weeks.

Regarding my meeting with my friend in the know last night, the anonymous buyer wants the trams to run another month but with deliberate delays and taking some trams off at peak times to see how the trams copy under pressure I.E full capacity going at full speed, the staff will be told within 2 weeks.

Impossible to push a tram to full speed on many stretches of track. If they did, it'd be incredibly dangerous, they have to observe normal road speed limits where applicable. So your friend in the know, clearly knows nothing.

They've had 20 years to see how trams cope at capacity, and under pressure. I'm pretty sure that they know by now.