Supertram Summer Engineering Works - Spring lane

Just been on supertram site and saw this, wonder what happened to be cancelling so early beforehand ?

Cancelled - Rail Replacement Works - Fri 25/10/2013 - Sun 27/10/2013. The additional rail replacement works due to take place at the weekend have been postponed.

Just been on supertram site and saw this, wonder what happened to be cancelling so early beforehand ?

Cancelled - Rail Replacement Works - Fri 25/10/2013 - Sun 27/10/2013. The additional rail replacement works due to take place at the weekend have been postponed.

That coincides with Park Grange Road returning to normal service. Maybe that's the end of contract for Volker and they're doing it as part of next years phase. Just a guess.

That coincides with Park Grange Road returning to normal service. Maybe that's the end of contract for Volker and they're doing it as part of next years phase. Just a guess.

Or they're redirecting manpower to getting the Park Grange job done?

Re. the resumption of service on Park Grange Rd - I sincerely do hope that it returns to normal service after next weekend (26/27 Oct) as intimated by Supertram on their website ... but... the conductor on the tram when I was coming home from work this evening said he'd heard that trams wouldn't be running up & down there until "at least" 4 November now...

Talking of communication issues, there's never been mention of any of the October "other" work on the downloadable "Additional Rail Replacement Works" pdf document on Supertram's website - as at time of writing this post it still indicates that the "additional" work would all be concluded by 22nd September - the final piece being the work at Ripley St on the weekend of 21/22 Sept & which - as at this morning - seems to have been scheduled for next weekend - but is apparently now postponed!.

I entirely agree kdhurst380 with all of the comments in your previous post; the whole process appears to have been badly mismanaged with scant thought for those customers who rely on the tram & often appallingly bad communication. I use the tram around 14 times each week, this mess is now in its 17th week & I just wish that things would get back to normal!

Re. the resumption of service on Park Grange Rd - I sincerely do hope that it returns to normal service after next weekend (26/27 Oct) as intimated by Supertram on their website ... but... the conductor on the tram when I was coming home from work this evening said he'd heard that trams wouldn't be running up & down there until "at least" 4 November now...

Talking of communication issues, there's never been mention of any of the October "other" work on the downloadable "Additional Rail Replacement Works" pdf document on Supertram's website - as at time of writing this post it still indicates that the "additional" work would all be concluded by 22nd September - the final piece being the work at Ripley St on the weekend of 21/22 Sept & which - as at this morning - seems to have been scheduled for next weekend - but is apparently now postponed!.

I entirely agree kdhurst380 with all of the comments in your previous post; the whole process appears to have been badly mismanaged with scant thought for those customers who rely on the tram & often appallingly bad communication. I use the tram around 14 times each week, this mess is now in its 17th week & I just wish that things would get back to normal!

I do hope that conductor is wrong!

But then again, it's not hard to believe considering the mess they've otherwise made.

I live in the vicinity of Park Grange Croft and heard them cutting and drilling away last Wednesday night at the small section that crosses in front of Queens Tower, by Thursday morning the track had been entirely lifted (the lifted portion starts just before the track becomes embedded and carries to just inside the caged off area), here we are getting on for a week later, and they still haven't even prepared the track bed for the new rails yet. I'm just waiting for the 'it's too wet' excuse.

It's not even laughable anymore, it's just really, really annoying. On the plus side, being that it works out quicker for me to walk from this end of Park Grange and catch a tram at the station, I've probably lost a few pounds. Every cloud!

heard a rumour today that they are thinking of taking off the blue route for good!

It's crap that we have been kept so out of the loop - having no official acknowledgement about the bleedingly obvious delay to the 12 week project on week 10/11 was unacceptable.

It's even more of a joke that they can't keep the lines of communication open with their staff.

I can see that the next phase of work ITT has recently finished. I hope very much that Volker is excluded.

I bet this wouldn't happen in Germany.

Why exactly would they take off the blue route for good and essentially remove a very busy park and ride? What a silly rumour

heard a rumour today that they are thinking of taking off the blue route for good!

^^^ Translated: "I am talking rubbish".

Why exactly would they take off the blue route for good and essentially remove a very busy park and ride? What a silly rumour

It is costing too much to repair and another city have made a good offer to buy some of the trams, the France pushbike event money has to come from somewhere.

I wasnt wrong.

The park and rides are being sold off as land to build new luxury flats, think about it they have the car park already.