Supertram Summer Engineering Works - Spring lane

I have a leaflet from VolkerRail (the contractors) and it states that between 01/07/2013 and 24/07/2013 (this Tuesday) they are working on the bit from the bottom of the hill to where Park Spring Drive is, and then moving on further up the hill to do the next bit.

However I drove up there a few days ago and they hadnt even started on the other side of the road! Is this running massively behind?

I haven't even bothered with the tram replacement buses, it sounds a right mess about thank goodness for the 51...

I haven't even bothered with the tram replacement buses, it sounds a right mess about thank goodness for the 51...

The buses have been fine. Always one waiting at either end when I have used that, most times two have been waiting and can be quicker than the tram it replaced. Give it a go.

Does anyone know, is the super tram running from hollinsend into town, today? And is there a tram running from town to meadowhall? I don't often use the tram and with them working on the tracks it's all :huh:

Thanks in advance :)

The trams have been cancelled permanently.

Stagecoach are sick of people complaining about the trams getting priority all the time so they are taking up their tracks and moving to Rotherham.

No trams between Spring Lane, and Park Grange Road. Due to track change. Thread on General Discussions about it

24th July

The city centre cycle

race will be taking place in Sheffield city centre on 24th July.

During the event, Pinstone Street, Leopold Street and Arundel Gate north-bound (i.e. from Furnival Gate towards High Street) will be closed between 17:15 and 22:30.

From 11:00 TH3 outside Costa Coffee on Pinstone Street will be closed. Services 51, 79/79A and Freebee will use the previous stop TH2.

Late morning and early afternoon will see the all-traffic northbound lane on Arundel Gate closed near Furnival Gate roundabout so that barriers can be erected. All traffic will use the bus lane as far as the Charles Street bus stop.

http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/disruptions.aspx

Surely there are more disruptions than this?

Does anyone know when the works finish ? Don't see an end date on the tram website ?

Does anyone know when the works finish ? Don't see an end date on the tram website ?

Meant to be mid-September, however I get the feeling they are running massively behind schedule. I emailed them today to ask them for an update and I shall post the reply here.

---------- Post added 20-08-2013 at 11:21 ----------

No reply to my email yet.

I emailed a couple weeks ago complaining about the workmen starting work at 530am. They are doing the rails right outside my flat and was really loud at a rediculous hour. I had no reply but I wasn't expecting one tbh.

I emailed a couple weeks ago complaining about the workmen starting work at 530am. They are doing the rails right outside my flat and was really loud at a rediculous hour. I had no reply but I wasn't expecting one tbh.

Give them a ring - 01724 878399

The leaflet I have clearly states the hours of work will be 0600 to 2200 (weekdays), 0700-1800 (weekends) so they are in breach of this.

I am ringing them shortly.