Has anyone had any issues with Hastings Direct Insurance

Has anyone out there had an issues with Hastings Direct concerning car insurance?

The reason I ask is I took out a new policy with them last week and opted for the emailed documents option. I received my original documents the day after however there was an error and this is where the fun began.

I phoned them on Tuesday and was informed after waiting forever in a queue that they would be resent the same evening, not so, I phone again on Thursday promised again, same Friday, Saturday and Today I finally got through to a manager who sent them in an unprintable format. By this time I was livid and have emailed them back to cancel the policy as its within the 14 days cooling off period as they are simply incompetent.

I've never had an issue with any car insurer however Hastings are incredibly incompetent, the amount of wasted time sat in a queue waiting to be put through to someone is incredible.

Does anyone know how long it will take to obtain a refund, I sent the email today as I have to arrange alternative cover asap to ensure I am covered.

Has anyone else had any issue with them too?

---------- Post added 02-06-2013 at 22:48 ----------

I also paid by credit card - thankfully

I've just taken out a policy with Hastings and must admit I haven't checked my documents...might do that shortly!

I've just taken out a policy with Hastings and must admit I haven't checked my documents...might do that shortly!

I did everything via go compare, got the quote and went to the web site however it wouldn't let me proceed so I had to phone them.

I can clearly state I would never recommend this company for anything other that incompetence and for that they would get 5*

We had a policy with them

Mum paid to add sister - informed them this was a one off payment

Renewal was taken from mum's credit card

This was followed by further incompetence which I can't remember properly, but I think included re-charging instead of refunding

Wouldn't touch them with a bargepole now

I changed from Tesco to Hastings in December last year and haven't had any issues. My documents were all correct, I had to contact them in March when I was looking at buying a new car firstly for a quote to see what the incease would be then secondly to go ahead as I bought the car. I had my policy documents emailed in December and again in March for the new car without any issues.

Personally I havent had any problems with them.

been with them for the past 3 years with no problems, apart from the increase in premiums which then gets reduced once i tell them i can get it cheaper online.

Been with them since December, no problems at all.

They were the cheapest I found with the comparison web sites. They even phoned me after I'd paid to tell me I'd been mis quoted and they gave me some money back.

Been with them since December, no problems at all.

They were the cheapest I found with the comparison web sites. They even phoned me after I'd paid to tell me I'd been mis quoted and they gave me some money back.

Well after being messed around on three occasions I cancelled my policy and they charged me £45 to do so even though it was in the 14 day cancellation window and the policy hadn't yet started. My understanding is they cannot legally do this unless they make it clear beforehand which they didn't and I only found out when I cancelled.

I've got my credit card company on to them as I type for misinformation, failure to provide accurate documents on 3 occasions and excessive phone calls so I'll see what happens.

I've never had an issue with any insurance company before however I will never ever touch or recommend these to anyone.

The word incompetent insults the word!

I did a friend a favor by paying his annual Hastings Premium on my Credit Card over the phone. Despite the fact that I have a different name, and have never been insured with Hastings Direct (or ever will). They somehow saw fit to retain my card details and charge me for his renewal a year later, took ages to get a refund despite the fact I was not the policy holder, and my friend was adroad???

Not amused.

My daughter is insured with them and paid the years premium in full the following month they took £279 out of her account because she apparently didn't send in proof of no claims bonus but she had and could prove it took three weeks to get the money back no apology she won't be using them again

One of my relatives had problems with them. Injured his eye at work - falling arrow apparently - very unlucky. They said he wasn't covered!

its been a while now however I got a full refund of the monies paid including the £45 they tried to charge me extra for.....which after going backwards and forwards they decided to drop the £45 down to £25 as 'a goodwill gesture'

so I said the next call they would get would be from both my credit card company and my solicitor for fraud and I put the phone down on them.

They called back within 10 minutes and arrange for a cheque - note cheque here...not payment back on card to be sent to me. I said no, I wanted the amount to go back onto my credit card and not to call me back until they had done this (harrassment) or I would blow it all out of proportion.

Credit card reimbursement same day and a cheque for the £45 in addition sent to me, cashed as compensation for such a diabolical service and the amount of time it took to rectify a simple error - around 7 hours!

They are cheap for a reason however I will never recommend them to anyone, they have a call centre in Nova Scotia, Canada and one in India, you just try to cancel as you get put through to the one in India.

Ironically the company I decided to stick with are just £14 more and have UK based call centres.....lesson learned