Sheffield Bankers FC - Adult & over 35 football

People are welcome to come down still yes, We have teams in the County Senior div 1, South Yorkshire Amateur and then the 3rd team is currently applying to be in the SDFPL so will most likely be in the 3rd division. So a real variation in standard.

After pre season players will be assigned to a team appropriate to their level of ability, availability and fitness but players move between teams throughout the season obviously.

I'm joe that played on Tuesday night (you know, the one who looks about 12 ;) )

I won't be able to come for the next two weeks as I'm in holiday but will be ere when I get back.

Would any of your teams be interested in a friendly in July/Aug??

training is £3.

Not sure about friendlies yet Dunc, we have already had a couple of offers and at the minute we in the summer tournament that active 8 run as well as the goodwin and Hillsborough flexi football leagues. Do you want to pm me your details and what your team name is and I will pass it on to the other managers.

Hello, not sure if this thread is still active, but are you still looking for players? I've just moved to Sheffield and looking to find a new football team.

Thanks John

yeah still active johnny, will send you my phone number in a pm, what position, age standard have you played before? If you are up to it we have a couple of games you could get involved in this weekend potentially if you are free, we have an inter club friendly this Saturday at Goodwin sports centre, 1.30pm meet.

and we also have a 60 minute match in the sheffield flexi league at 10.30am kickoff, also at goodwin sports centre.

Thats near the town centre in case you aren't yet familiar with it.

Thanks for the reply Kev, im 25 and predominantly a right back but depending on the standard can fill in at central back or centre mid. I used to play over in Lancashire in the Lancashire amateur football league which was a decent standard, however ive missed the last 2 years through injury so not sure what standard im currently at. Unfortunately im playing cricket on Saturday (think I play with one of the lads from the first team - Tez?) but is there still training on Tuesday nights?

Yeah mate Tezz is one of our own!

Tuesday training is technically still on yes, however! its not happened the last two weeks as the pitch is being repaired, however hopefully should be back next week (as how long does it take to fix a pitch!?) send me a text with your number and I will add you to my text group and let you know about training once I hear back.

---------- Post added 18-07-2013 at 11:50 ----------

Just to add, to anyone else interested we have an inter club friendly this Saturday at Goodwin sports centre, 1.30pm meet and the pitch is booked 2pm-4pm. A mixture of all the clubs squads so a good chance for anyone looking to trail, see what the team is like or make a return to football.

£4 per person, off to our new sponsored pub afterwards too so perfect to get a feel of the club and its players.

Edited by kev 1982

Hi Kev u still looking for players for 35 an over I just finished in the sdfl I'm a decent player I'm a midfielder but can operate at left or right back looking to get back playing my contact info 07456477633 thanks Jason

Hi Jason

over 35s are always looking for players yes. They don't have a requirement for players to train and welcome anyone to join regardless of their availability, if you can make every week and want to train, thats great! if you can only make 1 game in 4 then thats fine too. With over 35 football we appreciate everyone has a greater deal of commitments and time constraints (and injuries to manage) than the younger lads.

Will pass your number on to the appropriate people.

Yes mate can u pass my number on mate I will train and play more or less every Saturday work permitting ok cheers Kev lol

Kev, recently moved to Sheffield and looking for a club, I played last season in the Humber Premier League. I am unable to PM you so if you could send me your number that would be great.

Regards

Matt