Sheffield Bankers FC - Adult & over 35 football

Sheffield Bankers FC are a 100 year old amateur team that is looking for new additions to the team for the 13/14 season. The Bankers have 3 open age teams as well as an over 35s side and so are able to offer opportunities for anyone aged 16+ looking to play competitive Saturday football. With opportunities for progressions throughout the club for those looking to get back into the game.

The Bankers have enjoyed a successful season off the pitch and are now looking to translate that onto the pitch! The club has signed an agreement to play on the 4g pitch at Hillsborough College. Whilst some traditionalists moan about the move away from grass surfaces, The club has taken this step to enable all 4 of its teams to play at the same venue. And to eliminate the long periods of no football due to bad weather that saw some of our sides unable to play a fixture for close to 2 months this season due to the extremely poor weather.

The Club has sides in the County Senior Div 1, South Yorkshire Amateur prem, Wragg over 35s league. And with the 3rd team currently in the process of joining the Sheffield & District Fairplay league. Offering kick off times from 10.30am through to 3pm depending on the team, and offering varying levels of competitiveness.

The club is taking part in a number of midweek and weekend tournaments right throughout the summer and have pre-season friendlies starting from July. So plenty of opportunity for people to knock off the rust and get involved right away.

Anyone that is interested or if you have more questions fire away.

What nights do you train ?

Are you looking for a keeper forover35, s .

Please pm me with details

Training is Tuesday 7pm at collegiate, this is currently open training for all sides. We are not specifically looking for an over 35s keeper however if you come down to training and are better than the other keeper then thats something I am sure the manager of the overs won't be unhappy about!

Hi

I would be very interested in joining the team.

I'm 18 years old and to be fair I'm not entirely sure what my best position is, I used to be I'm a team that played at endcliffe park when they first started out and my best performances came when I was playing upfront or in an attacking mid position.

I'm also confident I could adapt to other positions.

My only problem is my stamina but I'm sure that will improve once I get back Into regular exercise.

Where abouts is training exactly?

Kind regards

Joe

Its on the astroturf at collegiate crescent. If you go down broomhall road to where the student flats are, its the pitch behind them.

If your interested in coming down PM your number and I will send you more details.

Its on the astroturf at collegiate crescent. If you go down broomhall road to where the student flats are, its the pitch behind them.

If your interested in coming down PM your number and I will send you more details.

Thanks for getting back to me matey, ill send my number via PM now :)

Thanks a lot

Joe

---------- Post added 07-06-2013 at 12:16 ----------

I have sent you a PM but it keeps saying it hasn't sent, just Incase it hasn't my number is 07772413972

hi mate im interested but as im new cannot pm you, can you send me your email or number please

Hi what's the standard of football in the wragg league

Regards Mal

Hi what's the standard of football in the wragg league

Regards Mal

most of the guys that play for our over 35 side could still play for our 3rd or reserves side in some shape or form. Over 35 sides regularly knock open age sides our the south yorkshire cup as well.

hi are the trails till going and what level of football are you playing at? i am 35 haven't played in a few years need some practice

looking for a sat team if anyone knows 29 striker/winger left/right back

People are welcome to come down still yes, We have teams in the County Senior div 1, South Yorkshire Amateur and then the 3rd team is currently applying to be in the SDFPL so will most likely be in the 3rd division. So a real variation in standard.

After pre season players will be assigned to a team appropriate to their level of ability, availability and fitness but players move between teams throughout the season obviously.