Android phone - taking panoramic pictures

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 mini. This afternoon I tried to take 2 panoramic pictures. Selected panorama mode, framed first shot, pressed button and it took a picture. I then slowly panned the camera to the right and the phone automatically took more pictures when I reached the correct point. At the end I pressed the shutter button again to indicate that was the end of the photo. I can not find the panoramic shots anywhere on the phone, though non-panoramic ones I took all worked fine. Has anyone got any idea what I did wrong?

It might have been saved on the internal sd card as that what happens when you take burst shots on the S3.

There's a button on the screen to press when you're done to save it. I did that & they showed up in my gallery with my other photos on my nexus 4.

Why can't things be straight forward any more :(

Thanks everyone. I tried this again following the exact same procedure as before and this time it worked, no idea why it didn't work before.

as far as I understand the inbuilt software is pretty good - I occasionally get glitches when trying to take panoramic viewshots, so tend to use an app called PANO. Would give it a look if you get and more problems :)