Why are there so many young [single?] mums in Sheffield?

I wasn't saying all single mums are from absent fathers but some are !!! It's not always the mothers fault at all

What about those girls that deliberately get pregnant from one night stands and don't bother to tell the father of the child? Or those that sleep with so many guys within a short space of time you could have a football team of possible fathers?

Why assume it's always an absentee dad when you seen single mothers given the above?

---------- Post added 31-05-2013 at 21:35 ----------

However it is a fact that the higher per cent goes on if a couple split the women gets the custody of the children , would u be saying the same if t was a young single father ?????

Horribleblob you said what I was thinking there ....the guy has obviously dissapeared and sherked his responsibilitys, I'm not a single mum however I was when I split from my long term partner , however I didn't claim benefits as I still worked , I currently have four children and I still work full time , been a single mum sometimes is not a choice

Currently?

Call me old fashioned but I don't like the term partner. Too many women swap partners like they are at a country dancing session.

Yes currently is a term of speech , does not mean I am having anymore , and also doesn't mean I have been with all different partners as I haven't , also to be fair since I am and have never put any drain on the tax payers what does it matter if I did have more , I support my children in every way my self by working

What about those girls that deliberately get pregnant from one night stands and don't bother to tell the father of the child?

If blokes took on a bit of responsibility (to avoid conception and STDs) and insisted on wearing a condom, then the situation wouldn't arise.

Or those that sleep with so many guys within a short space of time you could have a football team of possible fathers.

Or those "many guys"? How many women are they sleeping with? How many football teams could you have with all the sprogs they create?

---------- Post added 31-05-2013 at 21:58 ----------

...Call me old fashioned but I don't like the term partner. Too many women swap partners like they are at a country dancing session.

And men don't?

If blokes took on a bit of responsibility (to avoid conception and STDs) and insisted on wearing a condom, then the situation wouldn't arise.

Are you serious?

2 are needed to play that game.

---------- Post added 31-05-2013 at 22:00 ----------

And men don't?

You are quite anti-man aren't you?

Are you Sandi Toksvig?

Are you serious?

2 are needed to play that game.

Yes I am serious, but I agree that it takes two to tango (to trot out that hackneyed saying), but it seems to me that the responsibility is mostly always placed on the woman – you just have to scan through this thread to see that. Not enough young men think with their heads in my opinion.

You are quite anti-man aren't you?

Are you Sandi Toksvig?

No on both counts. I'm a bloke (and a single parent).

I am a housing officer for sheffield council, The majority of potential tenants we show around council properties are mainly I would 85% single mothers.

In town, yes.

This is something I've noticed whenever I go into town. There always seems to be lots of whey-faced, lank haired young girls pushing buggies.

Because the old single mums got married

Currently?

Call me old fashioned but I don't like the term partner. Too many women swap partners like they are at a country dancing session.

And too many men think it's their god-given right to judge women's behaviour on the internet.

And too many men think it's their god-given right to judge women's behaviour on the internet.

Oh here we go. :roll:

It's a public forum Jessica, some people will share your opinions, some won't, have you not been judgemental of other posters yourself ?

My opinion is that people should share responsibility for their offspring, unfortunately my opinion means little, there are girls who are happy to be single mothers and there are lads who don't want to hang around to father their kids, and there is everything inbetween !

If I was personally in danger of getting a big belly for nine months, stretchmarks, varicose veins, piles, blood pressure etc I would make sure potential accidents of pregnancy were as avoidable as possible .... glad I'm bloke !