Pagehall more like skip town

Pagehall is a right tip there is crap all over the roads the local slovac scrubbers hanging on every corner like tramps spitting. How would anyone want to live in an area like that. I went to my house on Popple st there was kids playing in the road while the parents watched and just looked at up rubbish on the roads thought i was in the slums. You go on to Robey St and on the front where the shops are all the scrubbers are out making the place look like a S**t tip everyone i know wants to leave the area i am gona rent my house out but not to any or the immergrants.

Pagehall is a right tip there is crap all over the roads the local slovac scrubbers hanging on every corner like tramps spitting. How would anyone want to live in an area like that. I went to my house on Popple st there was kids playing in the road while the parents watched and just looked at up rubbish on the roads thought i was in the slums. You go on to Robey St and on the front where the shops are all the scrubbers are out making the place look like a S**t tip everyone i know wants to leave the area i am gona rent my house out but not to any or the immergrants.

From your delightful description of the area, I doubt you'll be able to pick and choose your tenants, so you might have to go for immigrants after all.

I agree pagehall is a right s**thole. Please discuss the reasons that it has got into such a state!! Oh and I can't stand people who spit in the street. If your gonna do it please do it in your own home.

Edited by Trev38

I agree pagehall is a right s**thole. Please discuss the reasons that it has got into such a state!! Oh and I can't stand people who spit in the street. If there gonna do it please do it in your own home.

Is it because it's an impoverished area, where people don't own their own home, don't have real roots, and the population is a disparate bunch of people who are either recently arrived/passing through therefore leading to no sense of pride in the area?

Is it because it's an impoverished area, where people don't own their own home, don't have real roots, and the population is a disparate bunch of people who are either recently arrived/passing through therefore leading to no sense of pride in the area?

Surely you can still have pride in the property you live in even if it's not your own.

Surely you can still have pride in the property you live in even if it's not your own.

Of course you can, however there does seem to be 'tipping point' where if sufficient numbers of people don't feel they have a real stake in an area, it's apt to go downhill. I think that's how many sink estates started.

i have lived there over 10 yrs when i moved there it was ok people had hanging baskets then that lot arrived and they got ripped down emptied the square on the bottom of popple street had nice flowers ect but that got ruined with them lot throwing there beer on it and ripping them up. Its the slovacs that have ruined the area and brought it down they have no dignity dont care what they do they dont work they just claim benifits.

I beg to differ with your comments. I own my own home on Firth Park, hold down a pretty decent job, as does my wife and with regards to no real roots in the area, both my parents families moved to the area in the 1880s.

With regards to our sense if pride, I disagree. Once a month there is a residents association meeting where we can air our issues.

The issue is that certain landlords are using immigrants to overfill their properties for make an easy buck and not educating these tenants on the minimum expectation if behaviour both in their properties and on the streets.

Decent people do live at Page Hall.

i work ect but when u get home and have to listern to them shouting upand down the street to all hours with that crappy music it gets to much. They have no respect and people have had enough

I beg to differ with your comments. I own my own home on Firth Park, hold down a pretty decent job, as does my wife and with regards to no real roots in the area, both my parents families moved to the area in the 1880s.

With regards to our sense if pride, I disagree. Once a month there is a residents association meeting where we can air our issues.

The issue is that certain landlords are using immigrants to overfill their properties for make an easy buck and not educating these tenants on the minimum expectation if behaviour both in their properties and on the streets.

Decent people do live at Page Hall.

I wasn't suggesting that every single person in Pagehall was a non-home owning, new arrival with no roots. Just that the population has reached a tipping point perhaps.

---------- Post added 30-05-2013 at 20:08 ----------

i work ect but when u get home and have to listern to them shouting upand down the street to all hours with that crappy music it gets to much. They have no respect and people have had enough

'Them' being Slovacs from what you've said. Did you find it ok when it was largely Asian people living there?

The recent influx off Romanys there are not interest in the area they don't care its not their country they are only here for one thing and that is scrounging. they are nothing but parasites the sooner they put them on a plane and get rid of them the better.