A bad experience with the police.

Get over it. Thank god you do not live in a country where you might get locked up for a year for nothing. I lived in one, believe me its heaven here.

And that is why they get away with it....people who are quite happy to be abused, where is your self respect.?

Get over it. Thank god you do not live in a country where you might get locked up for a year for nothing. I lived in one, believe me its heaven here.

You probably choose to live in one ..........x

Edited by sand_dollars

You probably choose to live in one ..........x

Quite right I did choose to live there, it was actually very safe, however, there was no nightlife, at all, women were treated like slaves, child mortality was high, average wage was less than someone on the dole would get in a year. I worked for a charity who, amongst other things tried to improve the lot of the citizens.

The fact remains, and the point I make, is that Policing as it is carried out in the UK is, without doubt, the best, fairest and most accountable there is.

I am not saying it is perfect and the decisions that the Police have to make are very difficult and sometimes they get it wrong.

Be thankful, you live in a country that is free, where you can express your opinions, make your complaints without the fear of someone coming to your house in the middle of the night and shooting you, as happens in other unfortunate countries.

What is contentious about the above statement.

---------- Post added 03-06-2013 at 09:06 ----------

And that is why they get away with it....people who are quite happy to be abused, where is your self respect.?

They do not get away with it, in the last few months at least three Chief Constables have been sacked as well as other lower ranks who have committed crimes or breached their terms and conditions of employment.

Quite right I did choose to live there, it was actually very safe, however, there was no nightlife, at all, women were treated like slaves, child mortality was high, average wage was less than someone on the dole would get in a year. I worked for a charity who, amongst other things tried to improve the lot of the citizens.

The fact remains, and the point I make, is that Policing as it is carried out in the UK is, without doubt, the best, fairest and most accountable there is.

I am not saying it is perfect and the decisions that the Police have to make are very difficult and sometimes they get it wrong.

Be thankful, you live in a country that is free, where you can express your opinions, make your complaints without the fear of someone coming to your house in the middle of the night and shooting you, as happens in other unfortunate countries.

What is contentious about the above statement.

If you choose to live in a country that abuses people that's your choice as you haven`t stated where you live at the moment but you did state you came from chesterfield in one of your posting and both you and I know that some of the police in the uk do and have done ,things that they shouldn`t ................x

Think yourself lucky you are allowed to complain about "minor abuses", where I lived the Police were like an occupying force, if anyone complained they disappeared.

You are very lucky appreciate it.

We aren't 'lucky'. We have rights because our forebears fought for them and paid for them in suffering and blood.

We aren't 'lucky'. We have rights because our forebears fought for them and paid for them in suffering and blood.

He has obviously forgotten History...........Men and women fought for rights .................x

---------- Post added 03-06-2013 at 09:35 ----------

Think yourself lucky you are allowed to complain about "minor abuses", where I lived the Police were like an occupying force, if anyone complained they disappeared.

You are very lucky appreciate it.

---------- Post added 03-06-2013 at 08:07 ----------

PS I am not bothered whether you complain or not. Seems a bit small minded though.

What is small minded about a police officer stopping someone for no reason at all ,or about a police officer that over reaches his powers .We do not live in a state where if you complain you disappear .........................x

Edited by sand_dollars

I feel that we are debating something we actually agree on, I have never said that the British police were infallible, indeed on another thread I was very critical about an aspect of what they do, I do think that citizens of the UK are "lucky" lucky because they are born here when compared to the lives they would lead if they were born elsewhere.

I make this statement because I have lived abroad for many years, have experience of totalitarian regimes and Police states.

Regarding the rights people fought for, yes they did fight and many suffered but they did this in a country that is, at root, is liberal and free, with an independent judiciary and a parliamentary system.

When people in totalitarian states fight they tend to get wiped out.

And yet we hear clowns like the BNP and EDL banging on about their 'too tear cistern where black and Asian people are treated with kid gloves and white people are treated like criminals. :rolleyes:

Bla bla bla just like in 6 years we have used the anti terror laws 5 times due to the fact we are too scared of the Human Rights Courts and that Abu Qatada was deported straight away for his crimes?

For a driving offence that didn't involve the passenger, why would they even ask his name?

It's called doing a spot of fishing, even if it is bad form for them to do so.

They obviously thought the guy was dodgy, its called being a Policeman, you know, questioning dodgy people, searching them, finding something bent locking them up.

Well done the cops, keep up the good work. Search em again, if they had nothing to fear they wouldn't be squeaking so much.

They obviously thought the guy was dodgy, its called being a Policeman, you know, questioning dodgy people, searching them, finding something bent locking them up.

Well done the cops, keep up the good work. Search em again, if they had nothing to fear they wouldn't be squeaking so much.

You really are unreal ..........maybe you should be stopped and searched at any given time and lets see how many times its done to you before you complain ..........x

You really are unreal ..........maybe you should be stopped and searched at any given time and lets see how many times its done to you before you complain ..........x

Dont feed to troll!!