how long will it be before these smooth nice roads get crap patch work as they love to dig roads up

Anyone know who to contact about work being done? Amey have installed about 30m of dropped kerb on our road. Not for access.. it's a terraced street. Seems crazy, none of the rest is dropped apart from the odd couple of driveways. They've just stuck a section in at random.

Anyone know who to contact about work being done? Amey have installed about 30m of dropped kerb on our road. Not for access.. it's a terraced street. Seems crazy, none of the rest is dropped apart from the odd couple of driveways. They've just stuck a section in at random.

If you've got Twitter try contacting them on there:

https://twitter.com/sccstreetsahead

They do seem to respond to queries.

Regards

Doom

Edited by Doom

how long will it be before these smooth nice roads get crap patch work as they love to dig roads up

Amey have worked with the utility companies who have apparently agreed not to dig up any newly resurfaced road or pavement barring emergencies or repairs for five years, that's why people may of noticed various utilities doing work before Amey appear on site. Amey have also said that they will monitor any work done by a utility company to make sure they do a good job when back filling and re-instating surfaces.

---------- Post added 27-09-2013 at 10:15 ----------

I usually ring 2734567, option one then option two. That gets you through to a switchboard and they will take down any details and pass them on to Amey. It's proving to be very difficult to get through to anyone who actually works for Amey and they claim they will respond within five working days. I have found this to be not totally correct and have had to chase things up in an effort to get an answer. maybe if you do get a sensible response you could come back and tell us so if it happens elsewhere people will know what is going on.

8 times in two minutes. sounds like a roller to me, the machine they use to compact the fresh asphalt. How do you think it gets compacted, the compaction pixies? If it was a van, 8 times in two minutes, they must have been shifting quick. So don't moan about them being lazy.

Well said. What a stupid comment.

its not Amey doing the drop kerbs and i suggest if you have a problem with the drop kerb contact the actual contractors doing this. you will find that they are only doing what they have been instructed to do. They are not doing it at "random". again find out the contractor and have a word with him.

its not Amey doing the drop kerbs and i suggest if you have a problem with the drop kerb contact the actual contractors doing this. you will find that they are only doing what they have been instructed to do. They are not doing it at "random". again find out the contractor and have a word with him.

They're still working for Amey. Amey are responsible for their sub-contractors.

Just a word of warning for anybody walking or driving on the newly laid tarmac roads and footpaths.....The materials they've used are so fine that as soon as there's a slight frost the footpaths/roads turn into an ice rink.

The older roads/footpaths with the coarser stones are fine.

Regards

Doom

yes i have noticed this,they do seem a bit slick

no not complaining they are 100% better now

So are we complaining that Sheffield's roads are too smooth?

I don't think they've considered the impact of the materials they've used in re-surfacing the roads/footpaths.

The new smoother surface is actually a liability in the frost.

I think they would have been better using a coarser stone in the wearing course.

Regards

Doom