Could you tell me where they've removed street lights, and when they did it as I was told the old lights would be left in place till the new lights were in place and then it was just a case of changing the electric supply over.

I assume nobody bothered to tell them that there was some-one with mobility issues and hasn't bothered to ever contact them to alert them to this fact so how are they supposed to of known. It was one of the questions i asked at the road show for my area as i have friends in wheelchairs so considered that quite an important point to raise with Amey.

In High Green, driving on Wortley Rd, I can see all Markbrook is in complete darkness like said and my street (Henry Street) is in complete darkness. Also looking up Potter Hill, that looks dark too. But that could be because my streets in darkness. I don't tend to drive much at night so there could be other areas not sure..

Why should we have to tell them we have someone disabled living here? It's common sense not to leave a road totally unlit with the only source of light coming from houses. Pretty much an open door for burglaries and car thefts.

They shouldn't need telling to put lights up after taking the old ones down. It should be a daytime job, or they could at least do one at a time. Every time I drive past them they're always sat down doing nothing or reading the paper in the van.

Appreciate you calling them.

Edited by sjalsip

one of the worst roads is the last on the right before the new aldi at handsworth i think its birklands. talk about pot holes, its the only road to have its own natural speed humps

day 5 on Littledale. road surface was scraped off on tuesday. nothing more to report.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

In High Green, driving on Wortley Rd, I can see all Markbrook is in complete darkness like said and my street (Henry Street) is in complete darkness. Also looking up Potter Hill, that looks dark too. But that could be because my streets in darkness. I don't tend to drive much at night so there could be other areas not sure..

Why should we have to tell them we have someone disabled living here? It's common sense not to leave a road totally unlit with the only source of light coming from houses. Pretty much an open door for burglaries and car thefts.

They shouldn't need telling to put lights up after taking the old ones down. It should be a daytime job, or they could at least do one at a time. Every time I drive past them they're always sat down doing nothing or reading the paper in the van.

Appreciate you calling them.

Completely agree with this!

I'd also add that there are quite a number of elderly people living on Markbrook because of the bungalows on there. I don't think blacking out such an area with big holes in the footpath is particularly a good idea.

Thanks WallBuilder for contacting them, although I don't believe this should really be the job of the public. I bet when they see your telephone number come up on the system flashing lights and sirens start sounding in their offices. :hihi:

Regards

Doom

and who pays the government? Oh yes , its us...

if the work was outside your house for weeks and disturbing you or your lifestyle, then you would care

day 5 on Littledale. road surface was scraped off on tuesday. nothing more to report.

Ours was scraped back on the 26th or 27th Aug and was only finished Thursday :rolleyes:

im not complaining really, the road needs doing pretty desperately. its just a pain not knowing when they are coming back!

I went for a run last night and the bottom of Markbrook is still like the black hole of Calcutta.

It's also very dark around Wortley Road where it meets Markbrook....I had to virtually go at walking pace because I couldn't see where I was going.

Regards

Doom

They're finally doing Thompson Hill in High Green.

They're finally doing Thompson Hill in High Green.

My car suspension says 'thanks'!!! :hihi:

Regards

Doom

Maybe I'm just a little more determined or interested in how the work is going to be done which is why I went to the roadshows and asked questions. it does sound as though something has gone wrong in the High green area but assume that like my area there is an officer in charge. So rather than just asking the call centre for info if people have even done that then ask for the contact details and name of that officer.

Amey did tell me that they were experiencing problems as they hadn't got enough jointer,s these are the guys who can rewire the lamp posts but if there is a section with no lights working then that isn't an Amey issue but is the electricity board in some manner as the old lights should be working.

Also before Amey started the work they did have a lot of consultations with the utility companies who agreed they'd get on site before Amey to do any of their work and will not unless there's an emergency dig up any new road or footpath for the next five years. if they do have to for any reason then Amey will inspect the finished work to make sure it is finished to as good a standard as it was found.

WallBuilder

What was the solution to not having enough "Jointers" do you know or didn't they say? Are they taking on extra to help get back on target or are they just going to let the street light side get behind area after area until the whole of Sheffield has new lamps that don't work until the backlog is sorted?

thanks

WallBuilder

What was the solution to not having enough "Jointers" do you know or didn't they say? Are they taking on extra to help get back on target or are they just going to let the street light side get behind area after area until the whole of Sheffield has new lamps that don't work until the backlog is sorted?

thanks

They said they were trying to get more workmen capable of doing the work but I don't know whether that's been successful or not. I am currently chasing them up about a lack of lighting in the High Green area although it looks as though that could be a problem for the electtricity board. I've also noticed them marking out in my area the sites for the new lamp posts and have again asked for a call back as there's something odd I've noticed. Less than impressed as well when their call centtre staff contradict what i was told at a roadshow so something else for me to get to the bottom of, I suspect the warning klaxtons will be sounding as my name comes up on their screens in the futurre.