If people have something to complain about wouldn't it make more sense to actually contact Amey and find out the state of play. Then you could come on here, have your little moan and then relay what Amey said to resolve your complaint.

I'd like to bet that Amey have not gone to any road, cleared it of traffic and parked vehicles, done the visual inspection, scraped off the tarmac, replaced kerb stones, cleared and repaired drains, put in the neew light columns, removed and replanted any tree's resurfaced both road and pavement and removed old street furniture and signs, all in one day. Different groups of workmen have different jobs and they don't walk along following the previous group of workmen

This is ok if they continue until the work is finished, On the Triangle estate at handsworth they dug the edges of the roads Friday and not been back since

It can take quite a while for it to be completed - I think on our road (not far from the Triangle) they got caught out a little by the snow last December, and then it pushed it into the New Year because of Christmas. The pavement work seemed to take a lot longer than the roads though - the road itself was dug up and replaced within a few days, but the pavements dragged on far longer (changing the lighting added to that of course, and relaying the kerb). The biggest gripe was the lack of cohesion between the different teams working on this, like they're working to completely different agendas.

The inconvenience while it's happening can be very annoying, especially when they carelessly leave unattended equipment running and belching out unpleasant smells and loud noise, while they go off down the road for half an hour... not pleasant at 730am! The road does look much better than it did before though, so it's not all bad :)

Im hopeful that our pavements wont need to be done, as they did them last year. If they do redo them i wont complain, as the kerbstones were not replaced and new ones would look better. Street lighting will also be a benefit as ours is pretty old. I think they are doing a fine job, i know everyone has different experiences though!

Oh dear wallbuilder never moaned about anything your so lucky

Oh dear wallbuilder never moaned about anything your so lucky

I'm very good at moaning but don't just come on the forum to have a moan or sit in my local complaining to friends and aquaintances. If people contacted Amey when they feel something hasn't been done correctly then they could come on to the forum to give people a heads up as to what to expect and the reasons behind things. So for example I know there have been complaints and moans about pavements not being finished off and yet when I asked Amey why this was so the answer was quite simple, the new streetlights hadn't been connected as Amey hadn't got enough of the guys who can do this work, I think they're called jointers. Then there was the area that had an entire section of streetlights out and again Amey were accused of being at fault when the answer was a failure of the main electrical supply cabling which is the responsibility of the electricity board. I've taken up a couple of other users complaints and am currently awaiting a response from the Amey officer who deals with the specific area as I want the work in my area to go as smoothly as possible. I've also asked a few questions most but not all of them have now been answered by Amey and I'll be chasing up the few that haven't

People do love a moan don't they! South Road has fairly recently been finished through walkley, along with Walkley Road and Heavygate Road. They're so much better now than before. The new LED street lighting along South Road and Heavygate is superb. Great for when I'm out running in the evening!

I'm not sure how they'll schedule the roads which run up and down the hills (Palm, Freedom, Carr, Hadfield, Industry, Cundy etc., but according to the Streetsahead website they're scheduled for being done in the next 6 months.

One road which I'll be amazed if they can sort out is Bole Hill Road, where it crumbles away towards Hagg Hill. That is appalling, but the tree roots and subsidence would make it a massive job to do properly. It'll be interesting to see what they do.

One thing that worried me is the shallow depth of their excavations scrapings, and the fact that they don't appear to have attempted to re-seat or level any of the ironworks in the road, which could be a problem further down the line. I could well be wrong though, groundworks are not really my thing so I'm no expert.

I've noticed in places where they've resurfaced halves of the road in stages they've not really joined the two together or sealed the gap, so I suspect by next spring there'll be ruined roads.

Day two of road resurfacing, no workers around as yet! On closer inspection, they have removed maybe 3 inches at the kerbside on both sides of the road, the middle of the road hasnt actually been touched, the white lines are still clearly visible. Not as confident in the work as i was yesterday!

I noticed on several roads they hardly removed anything off the middle, must say though it is great to drive on smooth tarmac instead of playing dodge the pot holes.

I noticed on several roads they hardly removed anything off the middle, must say though it is great to drive on smooth tarmac instead of playing dodge the pot holes.

Same in S12, the kerbside has had quite a scraping but the middle is untouched. Don't worry, Mr Pothole will be back after a cold and wet winter...On the upside, at least we'll have decent LED lighting so we can actually SEE the potholes.

I am very much looking forward to smooth tarmac too! just hoping that the surface lasts, it would be a real shame for holes to appear again over the winter months!

Maybe just maybe when they did the visual inspection it was decided that the major part of the road was fine and it was just the edges breaking up, the edges on my road are quite rough in places because of the amount of water running down the gulley when it rains as the drains were either blocked or overwhelmed.. I was watching them near Manor Park and the scraping machine there had taken off the entire road surface to a depth of an inch or so. As amey have the contract for the upkeep of the roads then it would seem to be sensible if they did a good job from the word go. I can't comment on the work they're doing as I haven't seen the roads in question and I'm not a road engineer. One thing i can say is that the roads across the city vary in design so what may be rrequired or done in one place doesn't mean the same work will be needed elsewhere.