littledale update. road complete. thanks amey!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I've been for a walk up to The Acorn for a spot of lunch this dinner time and the footpaths in High Green are a disgrace, including 1 large hole in the footpath without any barrier protecting it (I suspect someone has probably moved it after a few beers).

High Green is just an accident waiting to happen.

Regards

Doom

there is a national shortage of jointers in the uk at the moment due to it being such a skilled job it takes years to train people up to do the job.
And UK firms are renowned for giving folks relevant training for their job. Not. UK management - couldn't run a bath.

Any forum moderators out there know why my original post which was called Amey work farce has now been changed to Amey work?

Quite shocked at the sneaky editing tactics really. Thought we were a country with freedom of speech. Obviously not... Sneaky! :huh:

---------- Post added 15-09-2013 at 16:05 ----------

And while I'm here, has anyone else who's had there road "fixed" noticed after its rained a patch of surface water that lasts for days? This looks like water gathering under the top layer of tarmac and rising up to the surface... A future problem when it freezes and lifts up the road maybe?

been trying for years to get some overgrown trees cut down to half size,that are just yards from houses and told no money in the pot,yet today mosbro coisly parkway,about 20 men 6 vans tractor mowers,trimming the little saplinngs at the side of the road,that only got cut a few months back ,how much has that cost today at double time sundays

I'd noticed the name change as well. It definitely is a farce, every lamp post on my street has a sign on it notifying of resurfacing all day on 16th. This is already three weeks late. Have they been, of course they haven't.

a friend told me the farce she had to endure this morning amey decided to dig up the road two weeks late and all cars would be removed and inpounded at the owners expense this morning . but they wouldnt start tarmacing till tuesday this week

... in one of amey's lovely holes ...
Good grief! :hihi:

Do you realise that Amey aren't carrying out any of these works in High Green? it's all been subcontracted out ....... They are only using Amey vehicles!

Regards

Doom

True to form I tripped over one of the many undulations on the footpath when I went for a run last week.

I'm clumsy at the best of times, so if obstacles are also put in my way it's inevitable what the outcome will be. :hihi:

Fortunately only a graze to my knee and even more fortunately nobody actually saw me fall with all the grace of a hippopotimus. :D

Whilst the footpaths are still a complete disgrace, the new lights are gradually turning on across the area and Thompson Hill is finally being resurfaced, so things are starting to look better up this neck of the woods.

Regards

Doom

Someone posted on FaceBook that a utility company is digging Dyke Vale Road up it is only about 4 of weeks since it was laid. Unless it is a repair then someone has dropped a clanger.

2 accidents (that I know of) have already happened on jennel between Vickers road and fosters park that has been dug up for over 3 months.

Couple of weeks ago one of the neighbours fell down the hole when the flimsy cover broke, injured foot/ ankle 2 weeks off work. Workers in attendance and re-covered up.

Yesterday an old lady (80's + at a guess) on a scooter was diverted through park as they had jennle at top of Hollands Road closed fell off when her scooter got stuck down the hole. Small cut on leg, very shaken and in shock.