The lights look like they're back on at the bottom of Markbrook, although it's still very dark at the bottom of Wortley Road where it joins the A61.

Regards

Doom

They're finally doing Thompson Hill in High Green.

My car suspension says 'thanks'!!! :hihi:

Regards

Doom

I actually mean to put they are finally doing Potter Hill lane :confused:

I personally didn't think that road was bad. They could at least do the worse roads first. :loopy:

Amey have said that the lighting around High Green should be sorted by next week and the problems are being caused by the way the lights are wired together so if one goes wonky it can black out a large area. I've also asked for an explanation of the rather odd re-positioning of lights in my area which they've now gone off to have a look at their rrecords and they will then get back to me with an explanation, luckily this is before a shovel digs into the ground so it should be possible to remedy

had no path for 3 months dug it up lights didnt work dug them up again..no ones done anything...dug the road up today 2 day job,digger broke in middle of road,no action today...they still working on it outside as we speak....

So they took Potter hill up yesterday, Henry street up today. And they've opened the road and left massive rocks in the road. So now that's the path AND the road that they've left rough on a road that's an enclosed cul de sac with very little lighting and bungalows at the very top.

Be glad when all this is over, been going on months now.

Does anyone know why they've suddenly started laying the Tarmac footpaths with a rough surface rather than the smooth they've already done in many places? Is it because of how slippy the smooth paths will be when it's frosty and icy?

it aint tarmac its slurry seal

it aint tarmac its slurry seal

So...why have they started laying 'slurry seal' as a top coat instead of smooth Tarmac?

another day on littledale and we have progress. they came, they fitted new manholes and raised the ironworks. they left! hopefully tomorrow is tarmac day, from what I was told its a 35mm topcoat that is going on too!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

They're installing a new LED lampost on Howard Road, 10 feet away from a new LED lampost they installed a few months ago.

So...why have they started laying 'slurry seal' as a top coat instead of smooth Tarmac?
Have a guess at which is cheaper to lay.

Have a guess at which is cheaper to lay.

But it's at their risk. They're paid a fee to maintain the highway and do it as they see fit. They'll do what they think is most cost effective for them over a 25 year period. Not every road and footpath will need resurfacing.

WallBuilder

What was the solution to not having enough "Jointers" do you know or didn't they say? Are they taking on extra to help get back on target or are they just going to let the street light side get behind area after area until the whole of Sheffield has new lamps that don't work until the backlog is sorted?

thanks

there is a national shortage of jointers in the uk at the moment due to it being such a skilled job it takes years to train people up to do the job.