We're still waiting for the wearing course on our footpaths, it must have been like that for 6 weeks or more now.

The works do seem to be very random with little strategy in place.

I would have thought they would want to get into one estate and clear it fairly quickly before moving on, but since they completed the roads we've seen very little activity on our estate with the following works still to be completed.

1. Base course to some footpaths.

2. Wearing course to all footpaths.

3. White lining to roads.

4. Tops to some new lamp posts.

5. Removal of existing/old lamp posts?

On a positive note the roads do look much better, but I can't help but think they're working very inefficiently.

Regards

Doom

According to the Councils website the footpaths and street lights in High Green should have been completed by the end of May.

The date for the roads on our estate was up to the end of June.

All the works I've noted above are still to be completed.....Where have Amey gone?

Regards

Doom

Not impressed. Had a bloke knocking on my door last night saying shift your car of its getting lifted, you've had a letter?? (Didn't have a clue what he was on about) After chasing him down the road he then explained that they were doing night work for the next 11 hours re-surfacing our road, plus all next week :-( Myself or the neighbours received any letter. Cheers for that Amey!!

Barrow Road per chance? Looked chaos yesterday evening.

I knew that people would be complaining and moaning but do find it rather odd that these same people although capable of using a computer seem unable to ring Amey and ask for accurate up to date, informed info. I'd suggest that the moaning posts would be a lot more interesting if the posters had actually waited for a response from Amey before commenting as then they might of actually discovered something to put their minds at rest

Yes Barrow Road, it was absolute chaos. I will be phoning Amey on Monday considering we had no idea this work was happening until 5 minutes before it started.

I live in a disabled bungalow and the other day they came and closed the footpath which surrounds my home and relayed the tarmac trapping me in my home

According to the Councils website the footpaths and street lights in High Green should have been completed by the end of May.

The date for the roads on our estate was up to the end of June.

All the works I've noted above are still to be completed.....Where have Amey gone?

Regards

Doom

The roads in our area have had all the kerbs replaced and the grass verges are a mess covered in aggregate so they're impossible to cut without knackering the mower and now it seems they've upped sticks and left.

The area was also supposed to have had new street lights put in over May and June, but not a single one has been done. Last weekend I drove through Highfield and they have started putting new lights there. According to the schedule Highfield was supposed to start getting new lights in September. I hope our area hasn't been put to the back of the queue because they couldn't keep to schedule.

What a great job they've done on Woolly Wood Bottom, the car feels like it's floating on air at 60 mph. Hope they keep the standard up!

i agree! fantastic job they have made. hope all the rest will be up to the same standard!:)

The roads in our area have had all the kerbs replaced and the grass verges are a mess covered in aggregate so they're impossible to cut without knackering the mower and now it seems they've upped sticks and left.

The area was also supposed to have had new street lights put in over May and June, but not a single one has been done. Last weekend I drove through Highfield and they have started putting new lights there. According to the schedule Highfield was supposed to start getting new lights in September. I hope our area hasn't been put to the back of the queue because they couldn't keep to schedule.

I wonder if they're now fire fighting to keep up with their programmes, but as a result are moving on from areas that haven't been completed to start on the next areas on their schedule.

We've seen no progress for 3 weeks on our estate, so we're left with footpaths still to be finished, lamp posts with no tops and no white lining on the roads.

Regards

Doom

One annoying thing I've noticed are the signs stating 'footpath closed'. They are not footpaths, they are PAVEMENTS!