Gluten/Lacto Free Foods in Sheffield?

I just wondered if you guys and gals might know of the best places to eat out in Sheffield or even just to grab a snack to go, for those of us with less than satisfactory digestive systems.

I, myself, am Lactose Intolerant and struggle with finding places to purchase foods more suited to my situation. Sure, some places offer Soya Milk, though I happen to find this to be a most unpleasant substitute for the flavour and appeal of actual dairy.

I know La Tasca has a gluten free menu. Not sure about dairy though I'm afraid.

Blue Moon Cafe (vegetarian place) next to the Cathedral always has vegan options, and usually some GF stuff too, including cakes. It's more a canteen than a restaurant, but it's easy to get something suitable for your diet there.

wagamama has a really good allergy menu!

Hi Mate, Vittles Cafe at Broomhill offer gluten free bread, sausages, burgers etc. Plus Dairy/Lactose free cakes and snacks eg: Lemon Drizzle, Bakewell Tarts etc. They are opening at night soon with GF beer/lager and a large GF Menu. I know cos I own it.

slightly off track but i am a coeliac and was told recently that budweiser is gluten free,have tried it(small amounts first) and it doesn`t affect me at all,much cheaper than the gluten free beers on offer too.

Copied from wiki

Although most celiacs should be able to drink beer with less than 20ppm such as Budweiser or beer made with rye malt (in moderation) without causing themselves any harm, each person displays a different level at which an autoimmune response will be activated.

So yeah Bud maybe okay for some. Agree about GF beers and everything else GF - it's more expensive to buy than its equivalent. I have no explanation for this.

has anyone found any decent pubs out in the peak which cater for celiacs? got my brother coming to visit who's a celiac.

The Angel Tavern in Holmesfield

Avid Farm and Cafe in Millhouse Green (S36)

And Nonna's on Eccy Road.

Edited by Scozzie

The Angel Tavern in Holmesfield

Avid Farm and Cafe in Millhouse Green (S36)

And Nonna's on Each Road.

Brilliant. Thanks