Does anyone remember the sherbert squares made by Carters, Attercliffe

wow that brought memories flooding back. I must have eaten hundreds literally, my dad was salesman for Carters he was based in Staffordshire.

Also recall Winbloom hair products, Three Noughts Cough Mixture and a host of other stuff :)

There used to be a dozen or so painted signboards spaced out in a line on the side of the building, each one depicting a different product. I think the building is still there.

My Mum worked in the Office there.

My mum Marjorie Moore worked in the offices there too from 1958 I think until she retired in 1975. Anyone knew her?

Hi anyone,

saw this post by accident and couldn't resist a reply.

I served my apprenticeship at a printing firm down the lane (Royds Lane?) by the river, which was owned by Carters. This was in the 1950's.

Apart from printing their labels etc, we also printed labels for sweet jars of a firm that they had acquired , Dobsons at Dewsbury.

There was also some Three Noughts Cough Pastilles.

Also met my future wife there 56 years ago.

Some Watters passed undert Bridge since then though!!!

My mum Marjorie Moore worked in the offices there too from 1958 I think until she retired in 1975. Anyone knew her?

I remember your mum Marjorie, I was a office junior started work at 15 in 1970. I worked in several depts. I also trained to do switchboard operator, the lady that taught me was Trudy.I remember your mum lived in page hall we both caught the no 17 bus home.

I remember your mum Marjorie, I was a office junior started work at 15 in 1970. I worked in several depts. I also trained to do switchboard operator, the lady that taught me was Trudy.I remember your mum lived in page hall we both caught the no 17 bus home.

Trudy, that was it, see my post earlier, and let me know if you ever went up into the big loft alone!!!!! :hihi:

I remember me and a friend shouting up at the window for free sweets and we got a big bag full which included these. We went on the rec and ate every single one! We paid for it after with major guts ache! Happy days! :)

Hi dottyb, Thanks for yoru response re my mum Marjorie Moore. What is your name? Have you any memories of her? Reply via private message if you prefer.

I have been in touch a number of times with Janice Dyson (nee Lee) who was quite close to mum at Carter's as mum looked after her when she startred work there. She lived near us on Bolsover Road I think.

Mum only went to work at Carter's after dad had a nervous breakdown when I was about 13 so she needed to earn money. She loved her time at Carter's though.

Best wishes, John

My Mum worked at Carters in the 50s,Mavis O'Brien,lived just off Attercliffe ,Colwell St I think.

Hi dottyb, Thanks for yoru response re my mum Marjorie Moore. What is your name? Have you any memories of her? Reply via private message if you prefer.

I have been in touch a number of times with Janice Dyson (nee Lee) who was quite close to mum at Carter's as mum looked after her when she startred work there. She lived near us on Bolsover Road I think.

Mum only went to work at Carter's after dad had a nervous breakdown when I was about 13 so she needed to earn money. She loved her time at Carter's though.

Best wishes, John

my name was Dorothy Cutts before I married I worked at Carters my first job, for a while before moving on Your mum was a lovely lady I remember once a week Marjorie would bring in a tin of dressed crab for her lunch with some bread and butter she would always bring her own milky coffee in a thermos flask.we had lots of happy days working there .Most Fridays after getting our wages we would walk up to Banners and get something new to wear .Several of the girls would walk up including Janice we were good friends . thanks Dorothy.

my name was Dorothy Cutts before I married I worked at Carters my first job, for a while before moving on Your mum was a lovely lady I remember once a week Marjorie would bring in a tin of dressed crab for her lunch with some bread and butter she would always bring her own milky coffee in a thermos flask.we had lots of happy days working there .Most Fridays after getting our wages we would walk up to Banners and get something new to wear .Several of the girls would walk up including Janice we were good friends . thanks Dorothy.

Hi Dorothy, Many thanks for your memories of my mum. I know she enjoyed her time at Carters very much. Best wishes, John

my mother used to work at carters,i remember their custard powder better than birds.also the vanilla essence.