Does anyone remember the sherbert squares made by Carters, Attercliffe

Carters used to be near Norfolk Bridge on Attercliffe Road. If I remember right the sweets were about 2 inch square

Carters used to be near Norfolk Bridge on Attercliffe Road. If I remember right the sweets were about 2 inch square
hi work there for short time but I could nt cope with the smell in there j

My Mum worked in the Office there.

Is this the same Carters that started by making casterets for bowel movment if so got a kids story to tell

---------- Post added 29-05-2013 at 03:50 ----------

hi work there for short time but I could nt cope with the smell in there j

Now then what smell, worked as a machine builder for O-Pee-Chee (bubble gum)for 20 yrs on leaving saw one of my old girl friends waiting at the bus stop so offerd a lift ,the smell of grape bubble gum in my car was overpowering it was in my car for a month:D:D:D:gag:

Think the sweets were called Lemfizz but there were in Orange and Lime as well as Lemon. I think they did liver salts and the like too.

This kids story sounds worrying:D

Nearer Salmon pastures

Think the sweets were called Lemfizz but there were in Orange and Lime as well as Lemon. I think they did liver salts and the like too.

Weren't they the sweets that you could drop in a glass of water IMS.

They're the ones...loved em:thumbsup:

No not to worry the phrase 'what works you"was for consipation,now I must have been around 4 when passing the shoe repair on Penistone rd in the window was toy man tapping away my brother asked 'what works it'my reply was Carters casterets, never could understand why my parents cracked up.

ps think that was their sole use in the 40s:thumbsup::thumbsup:

No not to worry the phrase 'what works you"was for consipation,now I must have been around 4 when passing the shoe repair on Penistone rd in the window was toy man tapping away my brother asked 'what works it'my reply was Carters casterets, never could understand why my parents cracked up.

ps think that was their sole use in the 40s:thumbsup::thumbsup:

A friend of mine`s sister used to work there ..........x

I was one of the telephone engineers that used to look after the phones and phone lines at Carter Bond back in the late 70's and early 80's. I remember the lady on reception, who I think was Polish or German? and I remember that people didn't like going up in to the big roof space, where they stored the cardboard boxes (flat packed), because of rumours that it was haunted (I have a good story about that!), the smell of the sweets was nice at first, but after an hour or so of being there it got over powering.

Good memories though!