New bathroom - how much does this sort of thing cost?

I am looking at getting a new bathroom. It would probably need completly re-doing - so new bath with shower over, toilet, sink, lighting and tiles. I haven't got a clue as to how much it would cost (including taking out the old one) and also how long it would take to do. the bathroom is very small. if someone has had theirs done recently and could give me a rough guide to prices that would really help me out.

n.b i'm not looking for quotes from contractors - just an idea as to pricing in general.

I am looking at getting a new bathroom. It would probably need completly re-doing - so new bath with shower over, toilet, sink, lighting and tiles. I haven't got a clue as to how much it would cost (including taking out the old one) and also how long it would take to do. the bathroom is very small. if someone has had theirs done recently and could give me a rough guide to prices that would really help me out.

n.b i'm not looking for quotes from contractors - just an idea as to pricing in general.

thanks

we bought all the fittings and got a plumber to fit and tile. just under 3grand. good quality though, not wickes cheepo stuff.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

All depends on the quality of the tiles, suite, etc you decide to put in. As Mr Chips has said above, it cost him £3k for good quality. Im sure you could get the same thing for much less but using less quality products. Likewise, you could also spend twice as much.

You get what you pay for these days, although there are some great bargains out there at the minute, so shop around.

From past experience though, I would say £2k-£3k for a small bathroom is a good ball park figure.

If you shop around and use online places and end of line tile ranges it does not have to be £1000s..we just redid our small bathroom for under £1000 and I am very happy with it!

Bathroom suite in a victoria plumb sale (£258 but not including a shower), end of line tiles from tiledirect off Queens Road (£70) and vinyl from http://www.onlinecarpets.co.uk- (£32) the same product as carpetright but half the price, they had just rebranded the original product!!

We also had a plumber friend fit the suite and then my boyfriend laid the vinyl and made the boxing in for pipes and bath. It took a few weeks start to finish :)

just done my own bathroom I'am in the game but did use plumber and trician obviously not paid myself but as others have mentioned depends on quality it has cost us in region of about £3500 and took me nearly 3wks well happy now its done good luck with whatever you choose.

thanks. this is really helpful.

i've been looking on the internet and i reckon i can probably buy a bathroom suite for around £700 if not under. the rest would be tiles, some halogen lighting (as it's supposed to make small bathrooms look bigger). the rest is fitting costs...

Don't forget with down-lighting it needs to be rated for bathrooms, not the normal everyday stuff. The steam and stuff from your shower can get into them if they're not the correct type.

If you can fit some of the stuff yourself you'll save a packet and really bring the costs down, it's not that hard to do.

Some people like to get a plumber in to do the whole lot, but I mean why pay decent money to have a plumber assemble flat-pack units??

thanks geared - i will make sure it's the whole lot.

i'm happy to do some stuff myself but often tend to mess things up!

i have just been to bathstore and am now "in recovery" - they quoted me £2000 for units and £3000 for installation! it all looked pretty cheap on the internet but obviously not when i got there! i looked on bathrooms.com and priced up some really nice stuff for approx £700 - obviously not including fitting. oh well...

I'm budgeting around £3500 to re-model my bathroom (all-in).

A builder I know did a bathroom for £600 (just labour) but replacing like-for-like locations of WC and bath.

Definitely depends on the size of your bathroom and so the amount of work that needs doing, whether you're having everything from the walls to floor and the quality you are going for. I agree that around 3K is a normal price for a full bathroom renovation at a high quality and standard.

thanks geared - i will make sure it's the whole lot.

i'm happy to do some stuff myself but often tend to mess things up!

i have just been to bathstore and am now "in recovery" - they quoted me £2000 for units and £3000 for installation! it all looked pretty cheap on the internet but obviously not when i got there! i looked on bathrooms.com and priced up some really nice stuff for approx £700 - obviously not including fitting. oh well...

I have PM'd you...

have fitted over 30 bathrooms with total cost varying from £1000 to £4500 if you shop around for materials you will save a fortune

happy to quote if interested pm me