Any advice on calli sweet peppers and..

I think only chillis are red to start with, sweet peppers usually start green, then go orange/yellow, then red as they mature.

Mine are currently all green too though, only one is any decent size yet.

I think only chillis are red to start with, sweet peppers usually start green, then go orange/yellow, then red as they mature.

Mine are currently all green too though, only one is any decent size yet.

Thanks for your help but I bought them as sweet green peppers . Will they change colour , if not when should I pick them ?

I cut this from a site called "gardenweb.com"..

"Sweet Bell type peppers are can be harvested when firm and full size (at least 3 1/2 to 4 inches) but still green. If left to ripen, they may also turn red, yellow, orange, purple or even chocolate-colored depending on the cultivar. The less green you see, the sweeter the taste in both sweet and hot peppers."

So it look like pick them when large enough, but leave them to get sweeter if you like.

I cut this from a site called "gardenweb.com"..

"Sweet Bell type peppers are can be harvested when firm and full size (at least 3 1/2 to 4 inches) but still green. If left to ripen, they may also turn red, yellow, orange, purple or even chocolate-colored depending on the cultivar. The less green you see, the sweeter the taste in both sweet and hot peppers."

So it look like pick them when large enough, but leave them to get sweeter if you like.

Ok , thanks for that :thumbsup: