Don't miss this please look now- peregrine falcons

is that another egg i can see underneath the middle one?

There's 2 unhatched eggs in the nest.

There's also a marsh harrier webcam (you'll have to google it.) I can't get the webcam to work:-(

Tiny owl has obviously been eaten!!! There's just a pile of white feathers which I presume are his remains ... :(

Tiny kestrel seems ok :)

Tiny owl has obviously been eaten!!! There's just a pile of white feathers which I presume are his remains ... :(

Tiny kestrel seems ok :)

The parents ate the owlet:gag: The other 2 were eaten by their siblings:gag:

This is quite normal in barn owls.

So, had the owlets already died when their family decided to eat them? or do the others kill them? Don't tell me they eat them alive :evil:

All of them died of starvation. Barn owls start incubating as soon as the eggs are laid, that is why there's a size difference. If prey is in short supply the smalleast usually dies & gets eaten. Sad I know, but it's the survival of the fittest.

I know it's nature and it happens, but when we have the privilege of seeing them so close up on these webcams, you become quite attached to them. I hope that tiny kestrel survives ... he seems to be ok and quite a fighter ... go tiny, go :)

If you read the Dorset blog, everybodys favorite is tiny. What a feisty little devil:-)

Good job you mentioned that, thanks. I only just realised that I can change the blog to chronological order .. I was looking at posts from last year ... doh!!