New Cinema on The Moor - Light

What exactly do you expect the staff to do about this rather unique complaint?

How exactly did you want them to change a fixed seating installation which was neither their choice or within any of their control?

To be frank, the footrest idea actually sounded like a reasonable suggestion.

Rather than everyone commenting and having a go at the poster about what should or should not have done...

I'm surprised no one has brought up the height and figures. If someone of 5'2 needs boosters, then surely the descent angle of the seats isn't high enough. Most kids are 5'2 or shorter (I think about right, most people are short to me :hihi:), so during every film are they handing out hundreds of booster things?

That doesn't sound right to me.

10.95 for a ticket for The Light, expensive?

Just noticed The Curzon also has 2 pounds booking fee if not member, good racket this cinema business.

---------- Post added 14-05-2017 at 12:57 ----------

Quick comparison of the prices..

Based on next Monday teatime to see Beauty and the beast..

Prices are adult / child

Curzon - £ 8.50 / £ 5.50

Odeon - £ 5.50 / £ 5.50

Light - £ 9.45 / £ 7.45

Cineworld - £ 11.50 / £ 8.00 (you can get a discount booking online)

Vue - £ 9.29 / £ 7.29

So it looks like they have pitched at Meadowhall prices levels but no free parking .... and just awful dining options. Zizzi , Nandonts , Pizza Express and "gourmet" burger ? How disappointing.

I will keep going to the Odeon. I did a quick check on peak showings (Sat afternoon). The Odeon is still £ 5.50. The others add around another quid.

You missed out The Showroom.

Edited by gamezone07

10.95 for a ticket for The Light, expensive?

---------- Post added 14-05-2017 at 12:57 ----------

[/color]

You missed out The Showroom.

I don't mind paying that to see the new Blade Runner movie, when it comes out.:hihi:

I've always like the Showroom. I don't know why. I think it's because it seems more cozier. Well it does to me.:)

I don't mind paying that to see the new Blade Runner movie, when it comes out.:hihi:

I've always like the Showroom. I don't know why. I think it's because it seems more cozier. Well it does to me.:)

Showroom got that nice retro atmosphere.

Showroom got that nice retro atmosphere.

I really like that too about it. :)

I am really excited by this. Love cinema!! Someone said that it's a key to every shade of emotion. And I totally agree.

I know its only a minor detail but surely the cinema is not on the moor . was down town last week and decided to have a look , so up the escalator I went and was surprised to be confronted by a few restaurants and the cinema was on the back of the building on Charter Row .

I know its only a minor detail but surely the cinema is not on the moor . was down town last week and decided to have a look , so up the escalator I went and was surprised to be confronted by a few restaurants and the cinema was on the back of the building on Charter Row .

It is on the Moor AND Charter Row, its the entire top part of the building.

Have been to the new cinema on the Moor.

It's fine. Seats have a noticeable amount of leg room.

But if I still prefer The Curzon cinema by a mile.

If you are a city centre cinema goer, and haven't been here - even for a look around and a drink or coffee at their open air rooftop bar - you are missing out.

Your mileage may vary.

Went last week and really enjoyed it, will go back there again without a second though.

Yes the add-ons are pricey but they all are nowadays, I love the little tables to rest your feed and drinks on and the chairs are so much comfier than curzon, i'm 6foot 2 and couldn't reach the chair infront of me even if i stretched my legs out- now that's some legroom!

Once the building work is complete and the place has more footfall i can see it going from strength to strength.

It has some cracking local beers, for me this is the bestest cinema experience I've had in some time.

I was thinking of going to see Bladerunner 2049 there but don't want to watch it on a tiny screen - are they big?

thanks