New Cinema on The Moor - Light

I like the new cinema. But, why are popcorns 7£ ?.

To maximise profits. If the Sheffield public don't buy them the price will come down.

Because you are Cartman and fat.. and should pay a lot.. cos your mum is a slu..

Oh hang on.. :hihi:

Not everything is about bloody price you know...

I realise that , but I cannot see how they can justify nearly double the price - the Odeon is in a poor location but the films look fine and the seats are comfy enough for a few hours.

And if you want a more upmarket experience , the Curzon is lovely (and still cheaper than the light). And it has a good bar upstairs.

The Odeon is that cheap because the venue is awful and no one would go if it matched the prices of the other cinemas in the area. The Curzon is cheaper than The Light but the prices actually started at £12+ if The Light's pricing is an issue for them they'll adjust it.

Nice 3D model of the inside of the new cinema. Looks lovely. Only thing I can't figure out is where the entrance is. Surely it's not the building site on the Furnival Gate side is it?

Oh well I'll see for myself tomorrow when I'm down that way.

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=qExWKvWEK28

Because you are Cartman and fat.. and should pay a lot.. cos your mum is a slu..

Oh hang on.. :hihi:

...:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

So it looks like they have pitched at Meadowhall prices levels but no free parking .... and just awful dining options. Zizzi , Nandonts , Pizza Express and "gourmet" burger ?

Firstly defining them as "awful" is highly subjective. Just what did you expect to see there?

This is Sheffield. Its on the Moor.

Big companies dont just pick out a location on a whim. They research their market. They research the likely income bracket of their likely customers and pick a location to suit. There are already several "premium" level restaurants in the city. They are hardly going to open up second branches.

For once can we just stop the default Sheffield mentality of putting down anything and everything that ever gets opened in this city. We just cant help ourselves. Its a wonder developers bother at all.

Cant wait until Ikea opens and everyone slags it off for not being as good as Leeds or Nottingham store.

---------- Post added 25-04-2017 at 20:22 ----------

Nice 3D model of the inside of the new cinema. Looks lovely. Only thing I can't figure out is where the entrance is. Surely it's not the building site on the Furnival Gate side is it?

Oh well I'll see for myself tomorrow when I'm down that way.

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=qExWKvWEK28

There are two entrances. You can either enter half way down the Moor and up the escalators or you can enter the back way which is through an entrance where the back of Debenhams is. The building site part only affects the road and square around what was the subway.

Pedestrians can still walk around it all.

Edited by ECCOnoob

Firstly defining them as "awful" is highly subjective. Just what did you expect to see there?

This is Sheffield. Its on the Moor.

Big companies dont just pick out a location on a whim. They research their market. They research the likely income bracket of their likely customers and pick a location to suit. There are already several "premium" level restaurants in the city. They are hardly going to open up second branches.

For once can we just stop the default Sheffield mentality of putting down anything and everything that ever gets opened in this city. We just cant help ourselves. Its a wonder developers bother at all.

Cant wait until Ikea opens and everyone slags it off for not being as good as Leeds or Nottingham store.

Well said.

The new cinema is an excellent addition to the Moor and the city centre.

We had a look round the other day. It's a great addition. When the other restaurants open it'll be brilliant. We tried the Pizza Express and found it better than their other Sheff branches in terms of layout and general feel.

Just a simple thing but I like how you go up in the lift or escalator to what feels like the 2nd floor of a building yet you walk out the back and you're on the ground floor of Charter Sq! Sheffield is hilly so I like it when we make a feature of the topography. The other big cities nearby don't have that.

It'll be interesting to see what is planned for the big area at the back of Debenhams. The link from The Moor to the SRQ Phase 1 (HSBC etc) across the road. It looks like it should have a load of tables outside cafes but maybe it faces the wrong way for that.

Just one independent restaurant would have been nice....is that too much to ask?

Nope , just the usual chains.

Nandos has a place less than half a mile away , zizzis...oh I cant even be bothered.

Just one independent restaurant would have been nice....is that too much to ask?

Nope , just the usual chains.

Nandos has a place less than half a mile away , zizzis...oh I cant even be bothered.

I too am unexcited by the chains but there are a number of independent restaurants within spitting distance you have a particularly good choice if you like Chinese food and if you are there during the daytime you there's a whole host of independent food outlets in the market.